• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no colorchoice

rickzan

Just bought a sc500 and no disk for colorchoice. have flexi 8.6 but it makes bright green look dark olive. I'm just printing on paper as I don't have any vinyl yet. Had to print something to keep heads clean. Roland man said download color rip but it doesn't have sc500 in list and doesn't recognize it. Made signs for thirty years, just need some help to get going. Thanks

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Press F1 while in Flexi and type in rendering intent in the search area. Lots of info in the PDF help files.

rickzan

I'm at home now, but I will try in morning. Part of problem is trying to figure this out and still get signs done. You can waste a lot of time on the computer and get no where. I'm getting backed up trying to get ahead!

rickzan

I don't think it has heaters. I'm using Solaris Max-Life eco-sol ink Genesis inkset (came w printer)

Hetal

Shoot me your email via pm if you still need the software. Colorchoice is preety crap unless its just me an i cant find how t
o tile jobs! I would love to see a demo of flexi if it would rip with a sc500

sfr table hockey

I really need color choice- does anyone have a copy?

You would need to get the disk mailed as I have tried to email the iso file but it won't work. Colorchoice is free and you can have a disk but if you don't get the right color that won't be fixed by getting colorchoice. Side by side flexi and colorchoice will print the same with the same profile.

You may need to get the settings figured out in flexi for the input and output as well as rendering intents. I find it easier to just run production manager and add the files there. Use the tabs to set up the files and add a Roland profile for the SC 500. Use flexi as it is so much easier to do things and print sections of a print, tile, and nest jobs.

I would like to know how you make out with the Solaris inks with the regular Roland profiles. So far two inks I have tries both were off on color unless I made my own profile with an i1.

If you can't find profiles to try PM me with an email.

sfr table hockey

I don't think it has heaters. I'm using Solaris Max-Life eco-sol ink Genesis inkset (came w printer)

You can get away with printing on some media without heat but from what I have found the ink does not soak in as much and then will scratch off easier. If laminated it may not be an issue but long ago they had special media for no heat printers. Now you need the heat for a lot of stuff or you might be limited as to what to print on.

I made my heat strips with infloor heat cable and it was about $200-$300 to do. Can't remember but if you search 101 there might be an early post about it.

You can also buy the kits and make it a lot nicer package and easier to do your self. That may be $1000 to $1500 range. If you are not a handy man, do it that way. Or move to a place where it's over 100 deg F all the time and you don't need heat.......but that might cost more than the above.

CS-SignSupply

rickzan - Call me at 606-922-4609 and I will try to help you.

As for the Solaris inks and Roland profiles, print with them on my SC540EX PRO II. We have moved to the STS Inks in place of the Solaris due to logistics only.

Great ink and a good price.