• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help NO CYAN AND MAGENTA FIRING IN COLOR BANK A! (ROLAND SOLJET XC-540)

Signturesigns

PLEASE HELP! Photos attached show that our color bank A both cyan and magenta are no longer firing from the printhead. I just replaced the cyan printhead 3 months ago so I know nothing it wrong with it. We've flushed both printheads we've also sunctioned the tubes to the dampner several times to ensure the dampner is filling up. We've switched out the dampner to brand new ones and we also replaced the
Head Adapter because of one of the the nozzles broke off.... see photo attached. thats what we replaced.
Im still getting zero inks flowing...

As you can see in the printshot at one point I was seeing some traces of magenta coming down in color bank A and now I am getting NONE!I am going backwards! Any ideas what to try next?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.23.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.23.54 PM.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 462
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.19.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.19.02 PM.png
    899.3 KB · Views: 358
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.18.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 7.18.57 PM.png
    793.2 KB · Views: 408

ProPDF

PLEASE HELP! Photos attached show that our color bank A both cyan and magenta are no longer firing from the printhead. I just replaced the cyan printhead 3 months ago so I know nothing it wrong with it. We've flushed both printheads we've also sunctioned the tubes to the dampner several times to ensure the dampner is filling up. We've switched out the dampner to brand new ones and we also replaced the
Head Adapter because of one of the the nozzles broke off.... see photo attached. thats what we replaced.
Im still getting zero inks flowing...

As you can see in the printshot at one point I was seeing some traces of magenta coming down in color bank A and now I am getting NONE!I am going backwards! Any ideas what to try next?

You probably blew a fuse on the head board which is easy to pull out and replace. Also you may have had something drop on the connector pins at the head. Try replacing the fuse first and if that doesn't work replace the cables to those heads and then the fuse again. However that head bracket you are showing is complete junk and should never be used. They don't sit correctly on the head. You have to grab some old DX4 heads and take off OEM head brackets.

Signturesigns

Hey thanks! I just checked the ribbon cable and I can see one side is burnt out on cyan in the A bank. WOuld this be the cause of no ink flow? from both those inks? Im headed down to buy another cable... hope this is it!

You probably blew a fuse on the head board which is easy to pull out and replace. Also you may have had something drop on the connector pins at the head. Try replacing the fuse first and if that doesn't work replace the cables to those heads and then the fuse again. However that head bracket you are showing is complete junk and should never be used. They don't sit correctly on the head. You have to grab some old DX4 heads and take off OEM head brackets.

ProPDF

Hey thanks! I just checked the ribbon cable and I can see one side is burnt out on cyan in the A bank. WOuld this be the cause of no ink flow? from both those inks? Im headed down to buy another cable... hope this is it!

Each bank runs it's own fuse. Make sure you always have spare ones around. The chinese fuses can be problematic so go for oem fuses. The issue you find with those DX4 chinese head brackets is they won't seal right making it not fire any ink at all. Sometimes you can hook a syringe to the cap top tube pull and hear the air leak from the bracket not connecting properly.

Signturesigns

Thank you - Headed to pick up 4 new fuses! BUT how do I know which fuse needs replaced that aligns to color bank 1? As im looking at the main board there is SOOO much going on! Ive never replaced a fuse before. Can you tell me how?

ProPDF

ok, I replaced the fuses and still no change - not even a sign of in the right direction... any ideas?

Take a syringe and try to pull ink through the cap top you replaced with the chinese dx4 head bracket first and make sure there is no air leak. You also need to replace the cable to the head if you see a burned end. Just to double check did you replace the head board fuse or a fuse on the main board? If you are not sure I would have a tech stop by before it gets worse.

Signturesigns

Take a syringe and try to pull ink through the cap top you replaced with the chinese dx4 head bracket first and make sure there is no air leak. You also need to replace the cable to the head if you see a burned end. Just to double check did you replace the head board fuse or a fuse on the main board? If you are not sure I would have a tech stop by before it gets worse.
Hey thanks we replaced 3 fuses (F1 F2 and F3 on the mainboard) hope that's ok... no changes after we replaced them
We also replaced the ribbon cables and continue to syringe to try to pull ink thru the adapter ink and we are able to pull "some ink" thru the tubing out. How do I know if there is air leak? We will continue to keep trying... I think we will try a powerful cleaning as we have not done that yet.