• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

"No Guns Allowed" logo design challenge

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not the direction I had in mind for this thread....but awesome non-the-less....LOL

See I thought I was crazy for not being able to think of any design solution....I think the responses I have seen here so far prove my point that the concept to boil down something so basic to a new logo is absurd.

FYI - I am thinking about putting this sign up in my office...used my EDC as the silhouette.

View attachment 96319

See, the problem with your picture..... and even the original Police drawing is..... some half-a$$ed attorney will say...... my client was carrying a shotgun, revolver, or rifle [whatever]... and your picture clearly does not denote the non-use or carrying of my client's choice of weaponry. The actual firing and killing of those 8 victims is an all-together separate issue. Had he known ahead of time not to bring his flame thrower and hand grenades, you could've prevented this terrible misfortune. Therefore, this is your fault for not giving my client enough information beforehand and thus you tread on his rights to 2nd amendment rights.
:Oops:..... you lose on a technicality.

Back-door politics ?? Nope, just everyday bullsh!t. Not all of us have registered hands, so to make the playing field a little more even, we exercise our 2nd amendment. Eye for an eye. Not many people come at someone with their hands.... they usually have some sort of persuasion device in them. Therefore, I need somewhat equal power. No politics, just plain living.

Biker Scout

This might be specific enough for those criminals with really good lawyers.

Attachments

• Ban All Weapons.jpg
    Ban All Weapons.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 130

Gino

Premium Subscriber
lighten up francis...it was a joke...and since i lm a jew living with an asian woman thats one joke i can do and not get in trouble...!!!

Okay Clara :loveya:

Joke ?? Who said it wasn't ??
So what does being a Jew or living with an Asian girl have to do with 'Selling Sex' ?? I think Dr Phil needs to talk to you about some hidden issues. Me thinkst thoust is feeling a little too defensifyable....... :Big Laugh

Kottwitz-Graphics

This might be specific enough for those criminals with really good lawyers.

Ok, (2) things... (1) I have a muzzleloader, and it's not on the photo, so is that ok? I only get one shot, and give me about 30 seconds to reload, and I'm good...

And (2)...Is that a star wars blaster on there? (on the left... 5 down and one over)

phototec

and the winner is...hehehe

No, I more like this: Me So Horny - Love You Long Time!

[video=youtube;h-I5C-OtsIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-I5C-OtsIE[/video]

You had to be there, BTW, the camera snatch really happened to my buddy when we were on R&R in Saigon.

mark galoob

No, I more like this: Me So Horny - Love You Long Time!

[video=youtube;h-I5C-OtsIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-I5C-OtsIE[/video]

You had to be there, BTW, the camera snatch really happened to my buddy when we were on R&R in Saigon.

ha ha ...thats where my idea came from...but my wife and her friends are all thai, laos, and vietnam, and they all sound like that lady...

Mosh

Did you jump up and do karate kicks back at the guy????

Marlene

the soultion is easy. the person complaining about the image deals with it. the image of a dog with the red line thru it is clear. the image of a needle with a line thru it is clear. the image of a cig with smoke with the red line is clear and the list goes on. the one thing we tell people when we make a sign like this is to be clear what you want, leave off the please and thank you and tell them no to what you don't want to happen. this does the job, shut up, stick up your decals and move on. people have every right to not want guns in a school or their business as that is their right but pussy footing around wiith a "logo" is just plain stupid. don't want it, say it the way all understand

phototec

ha ha ...thats where my idea came from...but my wife and her friends are all thai, laos, and vietnam, and they all sound like that lady...

Mark,
This was just a movie (Full Metal Jacket), but it really brought back memories when I watched it, me and my buddy were on our first in country R&R and hitched a ride on a convoy going down to Saigon, while there we were approached by girls just like this one in the clip, and then later, we were approached by some Vietnamese guys who wanted to buy our cameras, I had my first Nikon F (still have it), but one of the Vietnamese guys grabbed my buddies camera and took off running down an ally, our first sgt had told us NEVER EVER go down any ally's in Saigon, so we watched the guy run away with his camera, after that I kept mine real close.

I had told my wife and daughter this story in the 70's but it wasn't until they saw the movie Full Metal Jacket in 1987, that they could appreciate what I had told them, a photo is worth a 1000 words!

:smile:

phototec

Did you jump up and do karate kicks back at the guy????

Mosh,

Nope, when it happens to you in real life, you don't have the advantage of reading a script, we were stunned and had been warned about going down any allies, so we watched the guy run away with his camera. Although we were there in support of the south Vietnamese, there were many who sympathized with the communist (VC) and would harm US solders any chance they got. Saigon was relatively peaceful, but after the camera being taken, we had to keep on you toes all the time!

:smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That article makes me question how this nation has become such a bunch of p*ssies!!!

It's called 'Political Correctness and Corruption' meets. You're in Lancaster......

So what goes.........

Clippity clop......... clippity clop........
BANG !!
Clippity clop..... clippity clop..... clop......
BANG !! BANG !!
Clippity clop........ clippity clop........ clippity clop........ clop..........

Drum roll, please.......... :cool1:

A drive-by Amish shooting............... :dog42

nikdoobs

The ironic thing here is that they don't want these "No Concealed-Carry Permit" signs to remind people of Sandy Hook, but if somebody with a concealed carry permit was at Sandy Hook Elementary that day, there may have been a better outcome.

phototec

The ironic thing here is that they don't want these "No Concealed-Carry Permit" signs to remind people of Sandy Hook, but if somebody with a concealed carry permit was at Sandy Hook Elementary that day, there may have been a better outcome.

Yep!

These shooters are big men shooting unarmed kids and teachers, I'm pretty darn sure if they were getting return fire from just ONE armed teacher on campus, sending lead at the shooter, he would not have killed as many as he did (duck and cover).....

:thumb:

Attachments

• db64-busch-gardens-is-safe.jpg
    db64-busch-gardens-is-safe.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 107
  • guns_welcome.jpg
    guns_welcome.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 110