• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No heat on my JV3

juan45215

In the past when I sent a job to the printer there was about a 5 minute delay while the heaters reached the target temperature. Lately I noticed that the printer starts right away as soon as I send a file. My prints have banding in them so I don't think I'm hitting my temps during printing. I have temp settings in the profile and in the machine.

I did move the machine acouple of months ago. I'm wondering if something could be unplugged.

Any suggestions?

livoniasigns

Are you heat indicator lights on in the front? If not, Make sure the heater switch is on. If thats not it check the fuze. If its not blown it could be the heater board. I just had to replace mine about a month ago. about 200 bucks. easy to replace yourself.

gabagoo

First off are your lights working for "heat " and "Constant"? if they are then go to the back of the machine and feel the platten it will be pretty warm. I would also just do a test and put the heat way up to 60 just to see if the machine waits to warm up. The printer can be set at a default heat setting so maybe that could be the issue.

juan45215

Thanks fellas. The lights are on. When I feel the platten it feels luke warm. I raised the heat to 60 and it does pause trying to reach that temp. I know that would indicate that it is working, but it does not explain why it takes no time to reach my normal settings of pre 44, post heat 38.