• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Human Contact Day

signgal

Well, my problem with those days is yes, indeed... anything can wait until the next day and will still be there tomorrow and all the other grand notions. I feel like I have to work 3 days straight to make up for one day like that. I'm doing it as we speak! (hence the mia report on the signgal) I am lucky though, my husband and I are a pretty good team. If I get a bit overwhelmed, he lets me dump stuff on him and vice versa :)

gabagoo

I'm lucky cause I honestly can't remember the last time I had to go much beyond 8:30 or 9 pm from a 8 or 9 oclock start. I have also weeded (no pun intended) out a lot of the last minute BS customers who habitually made my life hell.

Now if worse comes to worse I come in on a Saturday to play catch up.

Back in the day when plotters were slower and everything was cut vinyl, I did many late nights, but found that life was very unenjoyable when you work to many hours.
There was nothing to look forward to.
My work proceedure began to fall apart after to many hours due to fatigue. I would start getting heated up inside and start making mistakes and then frustration would rule the night....not good, not healthy and not why I went into business for myself.
I have it much more under control these days..... maybe it's an age thing

Letterbox Mike

Hey Mike (Insignia) why haven't you responded to my voice mail! I'm livid!

Just kidding. lol

haha, I saw this and just realized I've got a giant red flashing light on my phone telling me to pay attention to it... Been in meetings for a few hours, been one of those days...

skyhigh

Ever thought about hiring a secretary?
I wish I could "shut-off" the outside world. Unfortunately, my customers would probably go elsewhere. I bet some of yours did too.

I gotta chime in with Edserv on this one. If a customer calls, they will always get to speak to a real person.....NEVER an answering machine. If its ME they insist on speaking with, they will usually get a return call within minutes. If I'm out, I will get paged.

Last edited: