• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No IC chips work on Mimaki JV33-160?!

For some reason the ic chip won't work on the yellow. I have about 20 of them but none of them seem to work. Any idea if the problem is the chip? How can I fix that? What causes the chip to go bad?:frustrated:

signswi

Are you sure the 20 chips you have are for yellow? Chips go bad all the time, it's common. Call your reseller they should send you a bunch more. If all 20 are for yellow and are new, it may be time to replace that ink slot's chip reader, or at least time to check if it's making good contact.

Yeah, they're all yellow ink chips we had laying around about. What makes them go wrong? They expire? I have running two other mimakis and no matter where I take the chip it won't work. So I'm down one machine.

Richard G

you might want to check the plastic arm that holds the chip set in the machine I had a yellow "first slot" do that to me and i had to replace the broken plastic arm that hold the chip reader in place.

signswi

The metal contact pins can also lose their flex and not make good contact. You should be able to see the scrape marks on a used chip from them.

riggy

Mimaki INK SLOT CHIP READER

Thanks for the help. Ended up buying new ones for five bucks a piece.

Two of my INK SLOT CHIP READERS (MIMAKI JV33-160) need to be replaced....can't locate them anywhere....need some assistance finding them. Does anyone know where i can source these.