Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No idea what I am doing....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Almost Heaven Decal Co, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Almost Heaven Decal Co

Almost Heaven Decal Co I am a slow learner

Jul 5, 2019
    Elkins,WV
    Hello from Almost Heaven WV! I an a newbie when it comes to vinyl (decals, signs, banners, etc.) Recently purchased a vinyl "business" from a friend. Anxious to get started and learn what I can. I am a tattoo artist by trade, but I am looking to branch out as this career doesn't have the best retirement plan lol. Looking forward to getting some great advice from experienced users.

Tags:
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Congrats on your change of career. You'll find plenty of wisdom and some wit here..among other things. Will look forward to helping you.

When you ask a question here... be thoughtful and explain everything you can in order to get the best response. Omitting things and being vague and making us work to get information out can result in frustrated responses.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Make some signs for your Tattoo Shop. Design a new logo and "brand" the business.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Well, I don't have a lotta sound advice, but I've been attending the School of Hard Knocks for about 47 years, so I might be able to warn you on some levels.

• Like Like x 4
  5. E Coloney

E Coloney Member

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    As with any business, you don't do people a favor by undercharging and going out of business and not being there the next time they need you. You do them a favor by giving them a good quality product at a fair price (where you make money).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I think they installed a doorbell at that school for the millennials because they did not like all the hard knocking.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 7
  7. JTBoh

JTBoh I sell signage and signage accessories.

Jun 15, 2011
    Clermont, FL
    Welcome from another fellow West Virginian (at one point)
    Lived in Berkeley Springs

• Like Like x 1
  8. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    It was actually a Ring video doorbell, gotta be able to check it with your phone grandpa*!

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  9. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    This grandpa has 4 Blink cameras to check with my IPhoneXR little boy.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
  10. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Yup, ya gotta watch them old people..they are more into electronic gadgets then we are.

My grandfather has camera systems, smart plugs and that doorbell camera thing on his vacation house and knows how to use all that stuff. ... Course he has more time on his hands then I do to screw around with that stuff

11. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

:welcome: 2 :signs101smilie: from OK

12. spectrum maine

spectrum maine Member

Nov 1, 2012
    biddeford, maine
    GET A SIGNWRITERS PRICING GUIDE & DO NOT PRICE LESS THAN 10% OF THAT.

13. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Got me beat, I have the doorbell with a dead battery at home and that's it. How do the blink cameras stack up against the others?

14. Johnny Best

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I like Blink cameras, no monthly fee and picture is good

15. I'm somewhat of a newbie as well. My best advice is to learn Adobe Illustrator asap. I followed a great tutorial on Youtube that gives great basics of Illustrator that you can build upon. Link below. Step 2 is to learn your printer!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rexerex

Rexerex New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Pueblo, CO
    It may help to know what software and equipment you are using. Also, what experience you have with computers and design software so the advice is better for your experience level.