• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No ink during print

jc1cell

So here's an interesting one to see if a solution can be found.

Just replaced my maintenance station with a completely new one. The old one died due to a wiper sensor error (wiper quit moving). I went ahead and cleaned the machine since I had the time along with the print head.

Once all installed again I ran a little charge and ink was flowing excellent. Wiper moving as it should...all looks good. Then I run a nozzle check. And no nozzles print anything. Not one single line. Did a couple little charges and nothing. Ran a full print and nothing.

Lines are full of ink. I did get an E119Err SubTank Lo C. Turned off and on and error gone. Followed a thread about the valves and followed it. Nothing made it work.

I'm wondering if the ribbon that goes on the head has had it but I'm here to get some suggestions from any who may have one. I have done this several times before without any issues whatsoever, but there's always a first time.

Any suggestions would be looked into and greatly appreciated.

jc

Compilla

I am sorry to hear that...

If you have ink flow, then you have an electrical issue.

Check your head cables, head board connections.
Reseat the Y cables on the motherboard.

It sounds like either you blown a fuse on the MOBO, or a dead head .

jc1cell

Sorry for not replying quickly. I decided to let the system sit overnight and begin fresh in the morning in case the ink needed to settle. And sure enough. Came in this morning and ink is flowing once again.

It does seem like I'm coming to the end of my print head life since for several months now the black doesn't want to give me all the nozzles. I thought it could be a bit of air bubbles in the line or a poor maintenance unit. But after several little charges and soaking the head for hours yesterday i still don't have the full spectrum.

Thanks for your replies. I'll keep you posted if it reverts or if any other solution is found for the black nozzles situation.

Cheers.
jc