• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No ink getting to dampers

davesgraphics

i have been printing consistently with ss21 ink. I hadnt printed for 2 days and when incompleted a teat print i was missing magenta partially so i did a clean and now its gone i alos lost yellow from switched dampers and i lost the second yellow. I ordered new dampers but i feel there is another issue since the dampers are not filling at all.

Any suggestions?

Pitzu

When you switched the dampers, the ink went back into the sub tank, leaving the tubes filled with air. Sometimes, to get all the air out, you have to do multiple cleaning cycles. To avoid that, I take a syringe and pull (through the damper) the air out, till the damper fills with ink. After that, I connect the damper to the print head and do a cleaning cycle. You need to pull the air through the damper because it will not let the ink flow back again into the sub tank (if it's a good damper).
Another problem could be a faulty or clogged capping station (ink pump).
Also check the ink line, so it doesn't have an air leakage.

Last edited:

davesgraphics

On the cjv is there a solenoid that hast to be open before ink will pull through the lines and if so would i need to manual do this?

davesgraphics

So i have ink to the dampers and it stops there you were correct their were air in the lines so i pulled that all out i completed a ink fill and a hard clean is there something else inahould be doing?

davesgraphics

Did a 5 min custody wash everything works well.

On a second note i have been having sataliting issues, would this be from my print head being to high. If so any recommendations

Pitzu

If it's a static like issue, you could try to lower the print head and see if that resolves the issue.
But before taking the head height into consideration, you should make a test to see if all the colors have this problem or only one of them.
To check this, make a test like in the attached pictures. The fill colors should be Cyan(C100,M0,Y0,K0), Magenta(C0,M100,Y0,K0), Black(C0,M0,Y0,K100), save it in CMYK mode and send it to print. I didn't put yellow since on white media you can't see much of the yellow.
In my case, the rip color profile did an override and made full Black(C100,M100,Y100,K100), so it wasn't conclusive.
As you see in the pictures, cyan is the problem, magenta is ok.
If it's just one color, it could be an air sealing problem (probably around the damper connections), ink with changed properties (viscosity, surface tension).

Here you can read about changing the head height:

Adjusting The Head Height; Setting Medias - Mimaki JV33-130 Operation Manual [Page 38]

Attachments

• IMG_20180523_173939.jpg
    IMG_20180523_173939.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_20180523_174000.jpg
    IMG_20180523_174000.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20180523_174009.jpg
    IMG_20180523_174009.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20180531_102943.jpg
    IMG_20180531_102943.jpg