• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Lt Magenta or Lt Cyan on JV3160sp

superdj23

I Recently purchased a used machine that was set on 6-color and should have inspected it more closely. An expired ink cartridge was preventing them from doing a test-print. The machine looked clean and I took their word for it that they never had any problems printing until the tried using the expired ink. When I got it back to my place, I switched out the ink cartridge and then I could do a test draw. After a few custody washes and cleanings I get a good test from the CMYK side, but I am not getting anything from the light magenta/light cyan side. The dampers look like their full of ink, but the lines don't appear to be sucking ink. Could this be bad dampers, a bad head, or a bad suction device?

artbot

do you see latent lm lc in the cap, also, take off the the back panel to the pumps. there's a good chance you have vapor lock in the head and no amount of ink fills will over come that. if so, very gently pull a vacuum at the cap/pump union to that head or at the end of the waste line.

artbot

make sure also that you have good contact at the cap/head interface and also look for a dried clump of ink inside that heads pump lines (clogs can also occur directly beneath the cap out of sight).

the easiest thing is to start with is just use the syringe below the lc lm cap and look for ink (also look for a clog). of course if you don't see any ink during the pull, you've got a contact issue at the cap. the syringe will be too easy to pull. if the syringe is a bit too hard to pull, you you should look for a clog.

there are some "swaps" that can diagnose also. the easiest and cleanest is to do a pump tube swap. put the lm lc on you SS pump line and vice versa. do a head cleaning cycle. do you see ink coming down the waste tube? of so your lm lc pump is bad. the other swap is a damper swap. but with failed lm and lc, it's not going to be a damper. they don't fail in pairs. if it is your pumps, they rarely need replacing. you can clean them up, also replace this tube inside and they will be good as new.

do some of this and see where that gets you.

if that doesn't clear it up