Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No M ink

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by signgal01, Oct 15, 2010.

1. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    I ran out of M ink on Monday and had some shipping problems getting a new cartridge in, maybe ran one cleaning between Monday and Today. I am not getting any red out of my machine (Mutoh Falcon Jr) today. I have ran powerful cleanings, let the heads sit on the sponges with alcohol, and don't know what else to try?

Tags:
  2. bayshorecreations

bayshorecreations Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2007
    NJ
    Use a syringe to pull some ink through the damper. Sounds like you have air in the line.

3. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    Thanks, I did pull red through the line and did a ridiculous amount of powerful cleanings and got it to work.

Now I'm having other issues. All my colors look good after a cleaning and a nozzle check and then about 1-2 feet into a print job one of the colors will just stop printing? I think I have either air in the lines or my husband thinks maybe a head problem?

4. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    You might want to pull the cover & check the line in question for a crack, letting in air. Mine had 2 cracked lines when the carriage traveled all the way to the left they bent at the crack & allowed air in the lines.

Might not be your issue, but could be.

5. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Hope you don't have other problems with that new ink....

6. Ghost Prophet

Ghost Prophet Member

May 26, 2010
    Can you provide a photo by chance? Only thing I can think of right now since you recently replaced the cartridge and pulled ink through the damper is that you could have offset or damaged that damper o-ring.

+1

7. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    We are with magenta. If we quit printing for a while we have to do a nozzle check to get back. Our rep says it is a known issue and is sending us new. Something about a bad batch or batch #? Not really sure. Running a Mutoh RJ-900

Terry

8. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    Thanks, my red ink is working great, but now my yellow isn't working. I do cleanings run and nozzle check and every thing looks great, then I start printing and the yellow disappears.

I have been having this same issue on and off all summer with all the colors except the black. I will put a new cartridge in and things will start working about after a lot of cleaning and sometimes pulling the ink through the lines. For some reason when the cartridges get low I have lots of problems and am going through ink like crazy. I've had this machine for over 4 years and haven't had any problems until this summer.

I'm beginning to think that it is either the lines or the cartridges? any ideas?

9. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Are you running this as a CAD printer or dye sub?

10. Wraps ink

Wraps ink Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Myrtle Beach SC
    sounds like mutoh's ink claimed another victim...good luck with that one...dont go buying a bunch of parts before you research the whole mutoh ink switcharoo. I had two printers doing the same thing and everyone said it was air in the lines dampers maint. stations...and I started using different ink and all the problems mostly went away

11. g1sammons

g1sammons Member

Jan 29, 2008
    yep

12. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    I getting some new ink in and hopefully that solves the problem

13. Wraps ink

Wraps ink Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Myrtle Beach SC
    the new inks from mutoh wont work..use the valuejet inks

14. signgal01

signgal01 Member

Sep 17, 2010
    colorado
    where do you get Valuejet inks? I cleaned my wiper and got the new mutoh inks in the printer and my printer has been working perfectly for 3 days now? I can tell that the new mutoh ink cartridges (that are transparent) fit into the printer tighter, like they use to.

15. Wraps ink

Wraps ink Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Myrtle Beach SC
    we get our valuejet inks from fellers