• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no magenta or yellow

maskman

Hey everyone , I am having a problem with our Mutoh outdoor JR where the blue and black are great but we have no magenta or yellow.

I ran a nozzle check yesterday morning and all was fine , then when i ran it later Thats when the M and Y were gone.
I have run the cleaner a number of times since yesterday with no success. Dampers look full and I get ink if I use a syringe and suck it from the lines.

I have no error codes and it runs as if it is working fine.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
MM

maskman

ok , pulled the head out and flushed it , while doing so( this is just my luck) the yellow nipple that goes into the damper broke.....:banghead:. but I also noticed that there didnt seem to be a O ring on the red ???? I have no clue where it could have gone . also the Blue O ring had a tear.
so I have a new color head coming and "o" rings.......:frustrated:

maskman

ok , Got the new head , also new dampers and "o" rings installed. We found out that its not pulling any color ink. I have 0 in the new dampers .
We tryed pulling it from the capping station and we are getting alot of suction ( Its pulling the syringe plunger right back in ,very hard to keep out)

Does anyone know of a repair place in Western PA?

I will try to pull ink to the dampers today and see if I can get it flowing that way .

any Ideas would be Greatly Appreciated .... I am just lost at this point as to what is going on?

thmooch

Are the lines clear from the Capping Station to the Waste Bottle? Are both lines(Black & CMY)equally hard to pull from waste lines? I would try pulling each individual Damper to get ink to the head, then pull from waste lines to prime head if necessary. low Ink Carts could also cause a lot of back pull.

maskman

Thanks thmooch , The inks are fairly new. The black doesnt seem as hard to pull as the color.

I will try pulling from each damper today and see what happens .... More to come ,LOL