Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

no magenta or yellow

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by maskman, Jul 27, 2012.

1. maskman

maskman Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Hey everyone , I am having a problem with our Mutoh outdoor JR where the blue and black are great but we have no magenta or yellow.

I ran a nozzle check yesterday morning and all was fine , then when i ran it later Thats when the M and Y were gone.
    I have run the cleaner a number of times since yesterday with no success. Dampers look full and I get ink if I use a syringe and suck it from the lines.

I have no error codes and it runs as if it is working fine.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    MM

Tags:
  2. maskman

maskman Member

Jan 3, 2012
    ok , pulled the head out and flushed it , while doing so( this is just my luck) the yellow nipple that goes into the damper broke.....:banghead:. but I also noticed that there didnt seem to be a O ring on the red ???? I have no clue where it could have gone . also the Blue O ring had a tear.
    so I have a new color head coming and "o" rings.......:frustrated:

3. maskman

maskman Member

Jan 3, 2012
    ok , Got the new head , also new dampers and "o" rings installed. We found out that its not pulling any color ink. I have 0 in the new dampers .
    We tryed pulling it from the capping station and we are getting alot of suction ( Its pulling the syringe plunger right back in ,very hard to keep out)

Does anyone know of a repair place in Western PA?

I will try to pull ink to the dampers today and see if I can get it flowing that way .

any Ideas would be Greatly Appreciated .... I am just lost at this point as to what is going on?

4. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Are the lines clear from the Capping Station to the Waste Bottle? Are both lines(Black & CMY)equally hard to pull from waste lines? I would try pulling each individual Damper to get ink to the head, then pull from waste lines to prime head if necessary. low Ink Carts could also cause a lot of back pull.

5. maskman

maskman Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Thanks thmooch , The inks are fairly new. The black doesnt seem as hard to pull as the color.

I will try pulling from each damper today and see what happens .... More to come ,LOL