• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question No Mimaki remote access for UCJV300-160?

RonnyCrack

Is there any way around this? Has anybody successfully spoofed firmware or installed UCJV330 firmware on their 300? Remote access seems like a game changer, being able to run through the printer start-up and start a print completely remotely?

Has anybody figured something like this out or am I just gonna have to pony up and grab a 330 when I can? Or risk bricking my machine trying to install UCJV330 firmware? Lmao

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I believe it's only on the newer models unfortunately. You wouldn't want to try to put the 330 firmware on for sure as the 330 uses different heads. Even if all the sensors etc. are the same, the head specs are completely different.

You can setup your 300 to automatically print jobs from networked hot folders that have settings and profiles preset but in that case you would need to leave the machine powered on and in remote mode. Not as good a full remote operation but better than nothing. Sometimes Mimaki does add features after the fact with a firmware update so maybe they will get to that eventually. They did that with the MAPS function on CJV30 and JV33s.

netsol

I believe it's only on the newer models unfortunately. You wouldn't want to try to put the 330 firmware on for sure as the 330 uses different heads. Even if all the sensors etc. are the same, the head specs are completely different.

You can setup your 300 to automatically print jobs from networked hot folders that have settings and profiles preset but in that case you would need to leave the machine powered on and in remote mode. Not as good a full remote operation but better than nothing. Sometimes Mimaki does add features after the fact with a firmware update so maybe they will get to that eventually. They did that with the MAPS function on CJV30 and JV33s.
sounds like a good way to ruin the machine

RonnyCrack

That's a bummer but what I figured I guess. A shame they haven't gotten around to adding it. I generally just remote desktop to my printer but yeah it'd be nice to have access to the cleaning functions and such. Then you can set up a camera to see prints, and run everything while on vacation so long as you don't get a major head strike or wonky material. Really sucks when I send jobs through while I'm out of the house and one TP detect error just stifles hours of work.