• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No more renting, bought a property for our new shop!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I just realized I got the title of the thread wrong. My shop is not new, I started SightLine about 8 years ago. New property for our shop, not property for our new shop..... anyways, a few photos. Already wrapped a couple of things in the install area and having gobs of excess space was so so nice. Still very messy in the back though, we are still doing a lot of construction. Couple shots of a bass boat we just did (making the design flow from the boat onto the fenders - yeah baby! - I really gotta get on that sign too) as well as a couple of random shots and progress shots on the custom barrel front room for the Mimaki and where it's exhaust comes out and how I piped it up into the attic (and out a roof vent). In the last shot the barrel front room now has the custom wood arches stained, base finished out, obviously the Mimaki is in there. Got the 2 sheets of 3/16" custom sized (72"x94") in yesterday and will be installing those today.

Got most of the network up and running. Email is back up but still a lot to get done in the next couple of days to really get us ready for production again.

Attachments

• wo1.jpg
    wo1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 82
  • wo2.jpg
    wo2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 105
  • wo3.jpg
    wo3.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 106
  • winders.jpg
    winders.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 108
  • crackpipe.jpg
    crackpipe.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 109
  • inside1.jpg
    inside1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 104
  • inside2.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 111
  • barrel1.jpg
    barrel1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 98
  • barrel2.jpg
    barrel2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 102

Craig Sjoquist

Wow all that done in one month congratulations your moving strong, keep at it the pictures are awesome to see, it is so cool to see somebody make there dreams & wishes come alive.

That boat is awesome, oh yes indeed likes the continued match to trailer bonus special.

tattoo.dan

Your place is looking nice! And in a hurry too! Makes me feel bad....we have been in our new location for 6 months and it still looks like crap! lol

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Couple more photos. Got the acrylic installed on the front of the barrel front room yesterday along with mounting the monitor for the RIP on the center beam. Wired keyboard and mouse are temporary. I have a smallish wireless keyboard with a built in trackball mouse which I'm going to mount just under the monitor. The acylic was very tricky. Went a little too deep on one of the screws at the top when attaching the first peice and it cracked going in about 4" visible. Made me sick to my stomach. :frustrated: Those 2 custom sized panels were about $150 each (70" x 94"). No worries, I'll print a 6" strip of perf or something to go along the top and bottom edges with our name or something. Other shot is the rack about a week ago - modems temp hanging on the wall, Precision 690 temp sitting in there for testing, both 6000va UPS's in the bottom, one of the 3 SAN shelves in it. The KVM (over IP), router/firewall, and switch sitting about on the floor. And some of the new sheilded cat 6 cables punched down on the patch panel hanging in the middle. Also started running the LC-LC fiber optics yesterday - 2 design workstations and the RIP direct attach via 8G Qlogic HBA's to the SAN in addition to the 2 servers. The disk speed on the SAN (RAID 10 sets) even spanks single SSD'd. :thumb:

I should have the SAN fully up today as well as the second server and all workstations and the RIP. Plan is to be starting print production back up tomorrow morning. I have multiple jobs waiting and more backing up every day. I refuse to do this half assed though. This is going to be setup right before we go full swing back into production.

Attachments

• barrel3.jpg
    barrel3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 101
  • rack1.jpg
    rack1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 91

tattoo.dan

Good idea to take the time and get everything set up right! I wish I had done that. My thinking was just throw everything in and get it all hooked back up and running! (Looks like ***)

I really like the printer room! :cool1:

Tim Aucoin

Yeah, congrats on the new space. Your hard work is obviously paying off! It looks beautiful. I'm just a tad bit jealous of your space! :tongue:

signworldusinc

Merchant Member
congratulations on the new space , at first when I saw the curved beams I was like whoa they need to get that checked out lol

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Its still a bit of a work in progress. Have some cables to neaten up and hide still, going to make a shelf for the little wireless keyboard with built in trackball under the monitor I ordered just for this, need to put handles on the doors, and some other tidying up inside the room. It's actually a bit on the tight side but still plenty of room to load rolls on the back and get materials off the front of the printer. Here are a couple of updated shots. One shows the profile much better, the other shows the inside. On the inside shot you can see the orange outlet I installed - used that color to indicate that power is a special feed from the UPS. You can also see the other currently messy wires including the orange fiber optic cable to the RIP computer in there. All that will be tidied up soon.....

I plan on replacing that RIP computer with a diskless ultra small form factor machine with just the fiber HBA in it. With the HBA the raid array I assign to it on the SAN looks like and internal drive to the computer and I'll just load Windows directly from the SAN allowing it to be a physically very small machine.

Attachments

• IMG_2632a.jpg
    IMG_2632a.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2633a.jpg
    IMG_2633a.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 96

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yes. The vent is visible at the lower back right corner. That goes into a 2x6 framed wall channel, up 8 feet, then out the other side of the wall into a 6" metal duct. That goes up into an attic space where a 500cfm inline blower sits on top, the blower is then piped up to a roof vent. The blower is currently on a wall switch but another of my plans is to tie into the printers 24vdc stock exhaust connection to drive a 24vdc relay to automate the room exhaust. :)

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nothing much new to show at the moment. We are definitley liking the new digs though. Everyone that comes in is wowed by the size of the place and how I've set it up. Having a ginormous install bay is downright sweet. One thing I've discovered I need to build is a rolling light platform to roll around a vehicle. The lights are all overhead and about 15' up so getting the right light to find any bubbles or just to see in lower areas can be a challenge.

Going to mount a 4' drop ceiling fixture on it's side into a wheeled wood frame.... The three 80,000 BTU heaters in there take any chill off in literally a couple of minutes. :smile:

First of a run of about 8 of these we are working on. In progress shot.... thats a lot of material for an ambulance. The lower is all metallic blue. Everything else is printed reflective. Customer is getting a premium install too (and paying for it of course) so all obstructions like handles and lights are getting removed and put back on as we go.

Attachments

• IMG_2648a.jpg
    IMG_2648a.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 96