• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no more stupid trimcap!

visual800

A good part of the business is designing and installing electrical signage. We use sign builders in birmingham for all out builds (you just cant do this type of work for the money they charge) Last order we placed they did something a little different, they called it a "shoebox fit" instead of the tacky a$$ trimcap, which I despise, they form a poly face to where it fits onto the returns like the top of a shoebox, it is freaking awesome. The guy there said they aint been doin it long and it gotten rave reviews. I APPROVE!

Anyone else seen this done, before you bash me that "we have been doing that for years" remeber Im in Alabama and we are about 5 years behind MS

Attachments

• IMG_5290.jpg
    IMG_5290.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 142

Marlene

Gemini makes them and calls them "Edge -Gol Face" only problem with Gemini is you only get choice of two fonts. like the idea to have anything you want and no more trim cap!

MikePro

we still trim-cap BUT when we wanna get fancy we hog-down the perimeter of 3/4" plexi and drop it onto channel letter boxes, secured with screws on the sides. great edge-lighting effect!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.16.55 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.16.55 AM.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.18.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 10.18.56 AM.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 127

DizzyMarkus

Just a question here -- but now you would have to replace the whole face instead of a broken letter or portion right? Changing lights, easier with a large face? I do like the cleaner appearance.

Markus

FS-Keith

yup its just a vacuum formed face around the perimeter of a contour cabinet. go take a look at every Family dollar, autozone, advanced auto. they make it cheap to build by stuffing lamps in there by can turn into a 2 man service job with the bigger signs

visual800

True sir we have led in our cabinet signs. We fabricated a platform on the front of our bucket that we can rest stuff on and a 2 man job can be a one man in most cases.