• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Name Heat Press'

iprint

Has anyone used one of the no-name heat press' as seen on ebay?
Specifically this one? Thinking about getting one but not sure if anyone has had any success with these, or should I save my pennies and get a quality Geo. Night or similar?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Geo Knight stands behind what they sell. I've had a DK20-Auto for about 8 years and it still works every time and was built like a tank.

Their are other good brands as well. Buy a well known brand and be happy. An extra $300 amortized over 2 years will be nothing to worry about.

JgS

I have one I bought when I was in a pinch. It doesn’t heat evenly. I don't think I ever got a professional looking transfer out of it.

iprint

Kind of what I figured. I have used Hix, Stahls & Geo Night before, but was hoping to pick up something on the cheap. Thanks for the input everybody.
If anybody has a quality used 16x20 in good working condition, shoot me a pm. :thumb:

Robert M

Cheap press

I had a guy use one to do 90 expensive football uniforms with some Speciality Materials heat transfer I sold him. Numbers started falling off, and he of course blamed us. End of the day it turned out to be his cheap press. Messing up textiles with a cheap press gets expensive fast.

WildWestDesigns

Geo Knight presses here. I'm not one that trusts things off ebay in general (I seem to buy other people's problems), but I believe in running known brands. They can be economically priced don't get me wrong, but something that has a reputation behind it. "No Name" brands don't tend to have that.

royster13

Geo Knight DK20 is my primary press....2 Hixes as backups.....A press will pay for itself in a few weeks so it is hard in my mind to justify going cheap.....

Jackpine

Ask the seller........what brand? I have two Stahls.
Has anyone used one of the no-name heat press' as seen on ebay?
Specifically this one? Thinking about getting one but not sure if anyone has had any success with these, or should I save my pennies and get a quality Geo. Night or similar?

Last edited:

bois323

A local company bought one similar to the one you have in your post thinking they could do their own shirts. they contacted me when their numbers kept falling.

I tested it with a laser heat gun, at 325 degrees their was some points that where at 225 degrees, I would say that the biggest spot on the 16 x 24 press that was at 325 was about 4 inches square.

So as stated in the above post, they don't heat evenly.

rjssigns

Found my Hotronix draw press on Craigslist. Guy was going out of business. $1800 press for $375. Too many horror stories regarding the "cheapies". I only like to buy stuff once.

Fanaticus

I bought one similar several years ago. John Moose, or something like that. Looks the same as the one you show. Tried using it a few times. It didn't heat evenly which made the transfers turn out poorly. It's been sitting in the basement collecting dust ever since.