• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No nothing

Decal Dude

I have FlexiPRO and know very little about it. Can someone tell me how to take a JPG file and get it to print and cut on my pc600. Usually have an AI file made and print and cut from that but this is a jpg and have heard that Flexi will let me do that without having to import and AI file:doh:. If you have any direction it would help:notworthy:. Trying to learn what I have before I purchase more.

ChicagoGraphics

You can't print and cut a jpeg, you need to first free hand draw a line around the image and then use that as your cutting path.

SignsonTime

You have a long way to go! Maybe work at a sign shop to gain some insight instead of buying equipment with a very limited set of design & software skills.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You need to get a vector file in there and make it your contourcut portion and then it will cut. Be sure not to have any transparencies going on.

Sign Works

Can't believe some of these responses. Must be the fact that he mentioned the dreaded PC-600.

Depending on the image and what you actually want to cut there is a simple procedure to acomplish this in many situations.

Import jpg file into Flexi >
Using the magic wand tool from the bitmap toolbar make selection >
From the bitmap drop down menu select Convert Marguee to Shape >
From the arrange drop down menu select Contour Cut - Make Contour Cut

BTW ... Just printed another $400 job on my PC-600 this morning ... This POS printer rocks!

SignsonTime

Mosh said:
Let me guess....someone charged you too much for your "race car" numbers and
you decided to just make em yourself. Am I right? www.clarksvillespeedway.com

Not sure what you mean here. Never have owned a "race car". I have been in business for 12 years. Just was letting him know he had a long way to go asking that question and may benefit more learning hands on.

Decal Dude

To answer some short sighted questions- NO. I don't do race car decals; I have owned my shop for 8yrs.;I know AI and Composer very well; I bought a used copy of Flexi PRO and didn't get a manual nor have I had any training on it. I simply was trying to see what Flexi could do. Thanks Sign Works. I'll try that.

Sign Works

To answer some short sighted questions- NO. I don't do race car decals; I have owned my shop for 8yrs.;I know AI and Composer very well; I bought a used copy of Flexi PRO and didn't get a manual nor have I had any training on it. I simply was trying to see what Flexi could do. Thanks Sign Works. I'll try that.

You got the manual.

Go to the Help drop down menu >
Select Help Topics (or just hit F1) there is your manual.

truckgraphics

Mask and Contour Cut

Here are a couple extra tricks I added to earlier instructions:

Can't believe some of these responses. Must be the fact that he mentioned the dreaded PC-600.

>>Depending on the image and what you actually want to cut there is a simple procedure to acomplish this in many situations.

>>Import jpg file into Flexi >
>>Using the magic wand tool from the bitmap toolbar make selection >

Invert Selection

>>From the bitmap drop down menu select Convert Marquee to Shape

Select both the Shape and the .jpg

Mask the .jpg

>>From the arrange drop down menu select Contour Cut - Make Contour Cut

BTW ... Just printed another $400 job on my PC-600 this morning ... This POS printer rocks!