• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

no one knows

Oldoldoldman

attachment.php

after a month with no answers of what causes these lines Im looking for a salvage for parts Roland sc-540.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The randomness of the lines in the bi-directional mode would indicate a loose head cable perhaps. If you have already reset the cables and/or replaced them with new ones, it's probably a bad head or head board.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the color of the lines changed, the head board is definitely suspect. It could be a bad cable as well. You might want to check out macmedia.com They can diagnose and fix boards. Since the color changed when you did a data swap, the problem is the signal going to the head and not the head itself. That means either the signal being created by the head board is bad or it is getting interfered with in the cables between the head board and head somewhere.

Alpha Star

My first question, is where did you swap the cables? If the result is the same whether you swap at the board or the carriage, then obviously it's a headboard problem. If it's different, then it's a cable problem.