• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Phonebook listing

Bill43mx

There have been so many changes in phone technology in just the past few years it's getting to be an unusual thing to have a "real" telephone line. With the advent of unlimited cell phone plans, Voip (Vonage,Magic Jack) , and even google voice, there are a lot of options available, usually at a significant saving over a telco land line. The trade off seems to be the loss of a white pages phonebook listing. I'm wondering how you guys who have "cut the cord" with the phone company are dealing with this.

Si Allen

I dropped yellow pages 15 years ago due to endless tire kickers. But if you must have it try internet yellow pages.

BobM

I've been operating for five years with only my cell phone. On a regular basis I email existing customers, advertise on all local restrauant placemats and contact truck dealers whenever I go by or once a month. Keeps me busy and adds new customers on a regualr basis. Like Si, no damm tire kickers.

Craig Sjoquist

This year I took out a phone book ad ( lowest cost ) wanted to try it if I get one job during the year it will pay for it self 2 jobs a profit .... To date nothing that I know of yet as of 4 months so will see, I use the phone book looking for a number about once a month myself.

CanuckSigns

we have our regular phone line at work, but we also have a voip line that we use for sales calls and long distance, costs about $25 for 6 months, it has dropped our regular phone bill by about $75 a month. Customers still call us on our regular line and we have a white pages ad. it works great for us (the voip line, not the white pages)

Bill43mx

I guess the general opinion is being in the phone book isn't a concern. It just something I've been wondering about since, between personal and my businesses, I've got 4 phone number (5 if you count my Google Voice number) and none of them have a phone listing. I currently have one cell number, one Vonage number, one number through the cable company (viop), and a magic jack. I did just find a free service that allegedly will get your number listed with directory assistance. I registered my number and I'll give it a couple of weeks and see if it works. They probably just sell my number to telemarketers. *LOL*