• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No power at the pole

makeasign

I do a lot of work in Charleston, which you know, is just a skosh bigger than Huntington. Here "high-rise" is a term used to describe the bigger signs by the interstate...not high-rise buildings. LOL

jiarby

EZ fella.... I wasnt blaming you, just finding the humor in the irony and relating a story where I was in a similarly ironic situation. Being in a forum sometimes the subtle inflections of communication get lost.

I am an laser engraver,ada, banner & vinyl (former computer) guy... not an electrican... no idea what the laws are here in az. I won't even take the face off a monument sign to re-vinyl it for fear of busting something. I make the customer remove it!

J Hill Designs

I love fixing those high-rise signs that you open a door and walk in - it's very surreal being on 'solid ground' 110' in the air

Cadmn

when the "inspecter writes a 5000 dollar fine & you present it to your boss whats he gonna do it is real electricians JOB to get the power there I was one in previous career.
worked on more undergrounds than prefered & from 12 volt to 70,000V main feeds.

John L

Answering orig post..

Yes, have them call an electrician.

IMO an electrician might..
1.Verify that IS the right breaker you are looking at there.
2.Test for voltage (any voltage) at the sign.

and if 0v....
3.Continuity test the buried conductors.

You need a permit and an electrician of course (and the original electrical plans will help), but pulling a feeder from another sign or light is not necessarily a no-no. The amp load, conductor size, run length/voltage drop, overcurrent protection, etc all must be considered though.