• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No power to boot screen on JV3-160Sp

tcorn1965

I just replaced a manifold on a dx4 head, once I get everything put back together I only get power to the power button (it lights up) but not to the menu (boot) screen. This has happened to me before on a T-Jet jumbo 2, and I just needed to re-seat the head cable. Well I have re-seated all 8 head cables, still nothing. Is there any where else I need to be looking? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :banghead::banghead:

Terry

Redz Signs Inc.

Well i just changed 2 heads myself and from my understanding you need to make sure the first time you set the head cables that there perfict no tilt to them at all . but you could have knocked something loose on the slider board but i wouldent think that it would cause an problem with the main screen ....... did you take the capping station steel cover off for any reason? <~~~ where the power buttons located..

artbot

quite booting! you may have some ink inside the ports on your heads, you head manifold maybe leaking because the gasket isn't on straight. you need to do some serious looking around.

tcorn1965

Well i just changed 2 heads myself and from my understanding you need to make sure the first time you set the head cables that there perfict no tilt to them at all . but you could have knocked something loose on the slider board but i wouldent think that it would cause an problem with the main screen ....... did you take the capping station steel cover off for any reason? <~~~ where the power buttons located..

No I didn't take the steel cover off. I will check tomorrow and make sure I have no tilt or kinks.

Thanks!

tcorn1965

quite booting! you may have some ink inside the ports on your heads, you head manifold maybe leaking because the gasket isn't on straight. you need to do some serious looking around.

Artbot, we have several of these and I have replaced the manifolds on different heads about four times, never had an issue. I did not replace the gasket (it looked good). So do you suggest I take the head out and check for leaking around the manifold? If it is, am I screwed and need to replace head, or just replace gasket and I am good to go? I am self taught, so I am not sure what you mean by some serious looking around, can you elaborate?
Thanks!