Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sheen heat transfer vinyl?

Discussion in 'Printwear' started by max, Aug 13, 2011.

1. max

max Member

Apr 11, 2011
    florida
    Hey Guys, was wondering if anyone has ever found a printable heat transfer vinyl for shirts that has a totally flat (as in no shine) look. Everything I have tried that claims it is matte finish still has a fair amount of sheen to it. Which in my opinion gives it a patch look once on the shirt.
    Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    thanks so much:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I haven't come across anything that would actually be a true matte finish. Not in terms of a heat transfer that you are talking about.

3. skdave

skdave Member

Try SISTER They have some new product

4. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Stahls also has a new product that is supposed to stay matte finish.

If you re-press the garment without the original protective film (heated directly to vinyl) it can make it glossy as well.

5. njshorts

njshorts Active Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Meadville, PA
    if it's what I'm thinking... DON'T BUY IT! in the middle of a 600$ issue with them for material failure of their new transfer material/tape. they canned their really, really good mid-gloss transfer and replaced it with a matte... that rips and wrinkles.

6. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    The stuff from Stahls (I haven't tried it yet) is called Cad-Cut Premium Plus. Is that what you are talking about?

I just asked for a sample roll. It's quite a bit cheaper than Siser and ThermoFlex.

7. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
    Therma Flex, Sisser, Stahls, no one has provided me anything that does not have a gloss look to it, even though they say it is matte. Last show I was at, I asked Sisser to send me a sample print on their matte, not blank that I have to print, but a print, never got it, Their product is good, but still has a gloss look. If you find something let us know!!!!

8. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
  9. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Was just reading the tshirt forum and they say if you press a second time with parchment paper it dulls the shine down to matte finish

I have a sample already pressed by stalls and it's awesome. Looks like silkscreen and stretches extremely well!

10. skdave

skdave Member

The Cad-Cut Premium Plus is awesome. Kraft paper can be used to dull the shine as stated above.

11. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Specialty Materials has one, give them a call, they will send a sample.

12. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney