• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No sheen heat transfer vinyl?

max

Hey Guys, was wondering if anyone has ever found a printable heat transfer vinyl for shirts that has a totally flat (as in no shine) look. Everything I have tried that claims it is matte finish still has a fair amount of sheen to it. Which in my opinion gives it a patch look once on the shirt.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
thanks so much:thankyou:

WildWestDesigns

I haven't come across anything that would actually be a true matte finish. Not in terms of a heat transfer that you are talking about.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
Stahls also has a new product that is supposed to stay matte finish.

If you re-press the garment without the original protective film (heated directly to vinyl) it can make it glossy as well.

njshorts

Stahls also has a new product that is supposed to stay matte finish.

If you re-press the garment without the original protective film (heated directly to vinyl) it can make it glossy as well.

if it's what I'm thinking... DON'T BUY IT! in the middle of a 600$ issue with them for material failure of their new transfer material/tape. they canned their really, really good mid-gloss transfer and replaced it with a matte... that rips and wrinkles.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
The stuff from Stahls (I haven't tried it yet) is called Cad-Cut Premium Plus. Is that what you are talking about?

I just asked for a sample roll. It's quite a bit cheaper than Siser and ThermoFlex.

trik

Therma Flex, Sisser, Stahls, no one has provided me anything that does not have a gloss look to it, even though they say it is matte. Last show I was at, I asked Sisser to send me a sample print on their matte, not blank that I have to print, but a print, never got it, Their product is good, but still has a gloss look. If you find something let us know!!!!

signgirl

Was just reading the tshirt forum and they say if you press a second time with parchment paper it dulls the shine down to matte finish

I have a sample already pressed by stalls and it's awesome. Looks like silkscreen and stretches extremely well!

skdave

The Cad-Cut Premium Plus is awesome. Kraft paper can be used to dull the shine as stated above.