• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NO test print

cbs

I replaced the cyan damper on my sp540v and somehow i do get nothing no test print of any color nothing zip .
Thanks

Ragnabrok

If ink has been pulled through the head, either you can see it in the caps or the clear "Y" joints on the pump lines, and it is sill not printing 90% of the time it is a cable issue. You may have dislodged one while changing the damper.

If the cables are fine, did you turn off the power and remove the power cord before changing anything? ink on a powered surface of the head, or still wet ink when power is restored will fry the fuse(s) on the main board.

cbs

No i did not turn off the power when changing the damper check the fuces they looked fine, and no ink on the board.
question about the cables does the top right go to yellow andthe top left to cyan ??

GSGservice

Did you precharge the dampers with ink before replacing them? Did you check the fuses with an ohms meter for continuity? A blown fuse can look fine to the naked eye.