• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No white backgrd?

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
Does anyone know how to get an image from photoshop into Corel without the white background?(cs2 and corel13)

Tparkin

I always have to merge the layers and make sure its on a transparent bg or delete the white space before saving as a psd...if I'm going into corel with it.

CenturySigns

Custom Sign Shop Designer
....so if I want to go back and retweek something am I screwed? I realize I can save a copy with the layers but if I go back several times I will have to keep saving my new merged file. Is there a way to save maybe the history or something? Sorry guys but PS is still a program that I don't know much about.

grafxxx

when working with PS always keep your original and save a copy when your importing to another program that way you can just open and fix what ever you need. never ever flatten the original i can not stress this enough
~mike

Replicator

when working with PS always keep your original and save a copy when your importing to another program that way you can just open and fix what ever you need. never ever flatten the original i can not stress this enough
~mike

I agree 110% . . . !

niksagkram

Saving it as a .tif also works. You can even add a dropshadow in Corel if you want. Corel ignores the clear background and puts it around your image.
Mark :beer:

Checkers

Use Photopaint for image editing and there will be less issues.
While in Draw, I right mouse click on the image and select "edit bitmap" which launches Photopaint. Any changes maid in Photopaint can be saved back into the Draw file.

Checkers