• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help noise from roland truevis SG540

Hi there,
i have a 7 month old SG540 which has suddenly started making a noise from the belt drive area behind the
operating panel.
Apparently its garantee up to the front door because the dealer (Meagis, Enschede ,Holland)wants travel pay and hourly wages. A phonecall to Roland Belgium did't help as i was told that the dealer is free to charge for support during garantee...but the parts are free!!! wow now isn't that just great !
So much for service.
Ok so this is the problem.....it sounds like the belt is jumping\slipping on the drive pulley.
There is no noise when the cutting head is being transported, only when the print head moves.
If i switch off the machine and move the head left to right slowly there is no noise but soon as i try to move with speed there is the ticking noise. There is no visible printing problem.
I guess its probably a simple fix because the belt has maybe stretched a little in the past 7 months so maybe
tightning it up may fix the problem.....unless someone out there has another idea??
If anyone has a link to a service manual (please dont post stupid replies if you dont know the difference and post a link for the user manual!!) it would really help. I do have a belt tensioning tool from my copier tech days but have no service details. So a little help would be great!

thanks,

Notsookidoki Roland printer

woolly

similar was muck on the carriage bearing wheels - quiet just cutter then noisy with print head connected.
that guarantee rule don't sound good sounds like they want a talking to.

best of luck

Joe House

check the condition of the plastic gear that meshes with the scan motor. If that's chewed up it can cause noise and eventually failures. Pulling the print carriage will put more load on the whole system. BTW, I've never seen those belts stretch. They've got steel cables embedded in them. The only time I've had to replace one was when it wasn't tracking properly and was riding up on the pulley and it got chewed up.

Good Luck

check the condition of the plastic gear that meshes with the scan motor. If that's chewed up it can cause noise and eventually failures. Pulling the print carriage will put more load on the whole system. BTW, I've never seen those belts stretch. They've got steel cables embedded in them. The only time I've had to replace one was when it wasn't tracking properly and was riding up on the pulley and it got chewed up.

Good Luck

Well Joe, your last remark was the problem. There was indeed movement of the belt on the pulley. When it touches the side of the pulley iT Made the noise so the belt was straightened out and the noise was gone.
The dealer did it all free of charge as garantee work
Still looking for the service manual... has anyone got one ?

Last edited: