• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non-adhesive static cling like material that can be reused?

TimToad

Hey all, I have a client who is a car salesperson who is trying to start a cottage industry for supplying dealerships with printed and contour cut reusable decals for the pricing you see up in the corner of the windshield, specials, etc. The dilemma I see is even if I use a low tack adhesive vinyl and laminate it to a really thick print media to give it some heft and limit the stretching when folks try to peel it off and reuse it, you're only get so many uses out of it before the grit, dust, etc. keeps the adhesive from continuing to work.

I'm not sure why he's hesitant about using Static Cling itself, but he is.

I thought I had read about some new material that is like Static Cling material but relies on a different adhesion type, like nano sized suction cups or something molded into the backing.

Anybody else hear about this stuff?

Anybody have any ideas for how I might pull this off?

My thought was to laminate thick decal vinyl to some low adhesive clear, print it, laminate it with clear, contour cut the whole thing and wish them well. If they even get a couple of reuses out of them before the adhesive gives out or the edges get all puckered, they'll be lucky.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I have a roll of this and have started to use it instead of window clings for car windshield decals.
http://fixons.com/unistick-rolls/

Prints nice - sticks & re-sticks to the glass or paint as long as it is fairly flat. Testing it out in the hot sun right now.
The stuff is stiff and I can't contour cut it on my Graphtec even with multi passes.
I'm hand cutting the starbursts and odd shapes until I can figure a better way to trim it out.

wayne k
guam usa

Kwiksigns

wookie
i too have a sample of the glass adhere... I don't know where it came from. You would have to be careful when removing it cause if it gets bunched up or wrinkled I don't think that part will ever stick again