• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non-canvas art photo material? (solvent)

stevenjowens

We've had a couple requests for an alternative to canvas for photo art prints. Any suggestions on what material to use for this?

We do our canvas art prints mostly on Neschen Monet. Though we just completed a set of streetlightbanners for a local municipality on Sunbrella Vivitex, that came out well too.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Are you looking for a material that resembles canvas but isn't a true canvas? If that's the case then I have a pretty great 100% Polyester Plain Weave that sells for about $0.30 sq.ft

stevenjowens

Are you looking for a material that resembles canvas but isn't a true canvas? If that's the case then I have a pretty great 100% Polyester Plain Weave that sells for about $0.30 sq.ft

In this particular thread I'm looking for alternatives to canvas, but I'm interested in discussing other canvas products too, perhaps in another thread or privately?

I'm not sure what "resembles canvas but isn't true canvas" means.

We've been using Neschen Monet and Sunbrella Vivitex for products. I'm certainly interested in evaluating alternative fabrics, please pm me about this.

A couple weeks ago I was asked if we had something that we could print as a convention table banner, i.e. to hang from the front of a convention table, possibly to cover the top as well.

The customer specifically wanted something less bulky than the Monet, something that could be folded into a fairly small package for transportation, rather than rolled.