• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non-OEM Head (Epson 1400, 1900, etc.) in a ValueJet - Possible?

catldavis

I saw a few threads where non-OEM heads are being used in Mimaki machines. Has there been any success with installing a desktop DX5 head from a desktop (1400, 1900, 2880, etc.) in a ValueJet (1204, 1304, 1604, etc.)? I know if possible it will require a card to bypass the new heads that are locked.

thesignworks

hello

why not get an end of life r1800 2400 for free.

the easier if you can find one is getting a stylus pro 4800 as they aren't locked.

better still get a 4 colour 4450 and convert it to solvent with a manifold, pump lines nad o-rings and use it as a head washer - so you can nozzle check before removal, as the power clean option on them pumps up and down.
plus wiper and dampers, plus carts - i am doing this at the moment
if you must have gold head then get a 4880, but it will be 8 colour rather than 4

smithcolor

the crack card is good choice now, you can use locked DX5 head with it.
the card can work for long time, cost is very low.

Smith

utmtech

the crack card is good choice now, you can use locked DX5 head with it.
the card can work for long time, cost is very low.

Smith

Is there a specific crack card you would suggest for locked DX5 heads?

And can you confirm the water-based heads perform OK on solvent ink?

smithcolor

Is there a specific crack card you would suggest for locked DX5 heads?

And can you confirm the water-based heads perform OK on solvent ink?

1, you can contact my supplier for the details of crack card, email was PM to you.
2, of course the water head can perform solvent ink.

Good luck!

Smith

PreImp

I dropped an aqueous dx5 head from a r1900 printer into a mutoh vj1204 about 6 months ago and seems to be working fine. It was the older head, so it didn't need any inline cards to use it. You have to flush the head prior to installing and change it to a solvent manifold. Artbot was a great help in walking me through the process.