• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Non responsive Edge

Celine

Hello,
My Gerber Edge printer will not recieve the jobs. It appears to be online, but when we send a job, it doesnt seem to get it. I turned it off and back on and then sent the job, and it worked. but this seems to randomly happen all the time. The cables are all tight and secure. And its properly hooked up to the network. Any suggestions?
Thankssss

gabagoo

I can't remember the actual terms here but newer computers needed to have a setting in the bios changed to allow the Edge to get the info. But if it worked previously and now doesn't and you have done nothing to your system then I wouldn't assume that to be the problem anyways. There is something else you can do, and that is to lay the Edge carefully on it's side and open it up and make sure all your connections are intact. Be careful as when I had this problem and fixed it this way, when I put the edge back upright my hydraulic lid gizmos refused to hold the weight of the lid and they are not cheap to replace. I now have a bungee cord to hold the lid up, just in case it comes flying down.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
when I put the edge back upright my hydraulic lid gizmos refused to hold the weight of the lid and they are not cheap to replace. I now have a bungee cord to hold the lid up, just in case it comes flying down.

those hurt when they land on your hand as you're trying to stop it from crashing down....luckily, i replaced those on my edge....and don't have the problem anymore

Marlene

when you right click on the Gerber tray and open installed vinyl printer and installed devices, is the Edge listed?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check the setting for your Rainbow Sentinel Config. It should be set to Yes for your dongle on the port it is installed on and No for all other ports.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't remember the actual terms here but newer computers needed to have a setting in the bios changed to allow the Edge to get the info. But if it worked previously and now doesn't and you have done nothing to your system then I wouldn't assume that to be the problem anyways. There is something else you can do, and that is to lay the Edge carefully on it's side and open it up and make sure all your connections are intact. Be careful as when I had this problem and fixed it this way, when I put the edge back upright my hydraulic lid gizmos refused to hold the weight of the lid and they are not cheap to replace. I now have a bungee cord to hold the lid up, just in case it comes flying down.

I replaced mine recently and was able to acquire the air shocks needed for $20 each at my local NAPA auto parts store. They took about 5 minutes to remove the old ones and install the new ones. If you'd like the part number, let me know.

Celine

thanks for all the help. I havent been in for a while, hence the delay in the reply. The problem is not fixed yet. I dont want to open up and check connection until the big IT guy is here. A damage will really slow down things around here. I tried a few of the other suggestions.
1)Edge is listed as an installed vinyl printer
2)When i went to the Sentinel System driver window. and opened configure it opened a window that showed just one item in the list. the port was USB and a yes for the dongle. there were no other listings with "no" for the dongle.
The problem is just getting worse and more irritating. I send several jobs over to only realize they havent been picked up by the printer. they queue just fine in the cutter. And i have to resend them several times, to finally get it working. but, its just a lot of time lost.
Thanks a lot for all the help.

iSign

It doesn't appear to be in the software, so I'd be trying a new parallel cable first, and checking the ground strap at the back near the hinges. It seems that I also heard of folks using an anti-static mat where they stand at the machine, for some similar troubleshooting purposes, although I'm not sure when that came into play.

Have you checked out 4edgetalk.com ? It might be worth pasting all your symptoms over there as well.

Browner

I've had the same problem... somtimes it happens, usually it doesn't. Don't know what the deal is. SOME times, I'll even get an error message on my monitor, but I don't know what it means:

A device attached to the system is not functioning. (31) File Gq_pftp.cpp Line 1119