• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Noob Questions for a PC-60

MEISTER

So I just got a PC-60 for what I think was a pretty good deal. Got it up and running using Corel 9.0 and Illustrator CS2. just cutting small stuff. I have Flex Starter right now, but it won't print anything, it only cuts. I assume that is because it's just a "lite" version.

Since I work in the commercial printing industry, I do most all of my design in Illustrator CS2/CS3. All I really need is a cutting program to both recognize the CS2/CS3/EPS files and import. All I need it to do it cut and print what I tell it to.

Now I know both Illustrator/CorrelDraw are probably the worst for vinyl cutting/printing, So what would be the best at a reasonable price? I've been looking at FlexiSign, but what I want it to do vs. the price, it seams a little high.

Also the sheet size does not go large than 24" x 33". Is there a way around this? I was reading the Roland web site info and it says that running this on XP can limit the sheet size. It there a way around this?

Any info would be awesome, Thanks in advanced.

Samm

That's where my knowledge stops!!

There will be a few on this board who'll be able to help you more :)

MEISTER

Meh... Not to worried about that. I'm on another forum that I have over 10k posts on, I can dish it and take it too. Just need some suggestions.
icon12.gif

Samm

Meh... Not to worried about that. I'm on another forum that I have over 10k posts on, I can dish it and take it too. Just need some suggestions.
icon12.gif

Sorry I was calling for Flame Master, he is the first person I could think of who knows a thing or two about CoCut!!

LightHouse

What do you mean corel and illustrator are the worst? those are the two main programs for setting up files to cut. i use AI then send the files to signcut to actually get the graphics cut and weed lines placed.

Samm

What do you mean corel and illustrator are the worst? those are the two main programs for setting up files to cut. i use AI then send the files to signcut to actually get the graphics cut and weed lines placed.

He'll learn quickly :thumb:

Jackpine

Corel is all you need to print and cut with a PC60 and the RCC rip. I used Corel10 and never had any problems with quality output or contour cutting. Roland has a user forum for their products. A lot of information there.

woolly

for a pc 60 use the roland printer driver straight out of corel, i have done that for 10 years.

in the driver is change resolution, if you decrease the res then the length available goes up. this will not affect the cut quality only the print.

unfortunately they are not the best at tracking over 1000mm

woolly