• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not accepting ink cartridges after 30 days shutdown.

pancarta.es

Hello,

Okey, i bought an old HP 10000 / Seiko colorpainter 100S. I made sure it worked properly and so on. Now, it has been shut down for more then 31 days. So i reset the system and it came alive again, only it does not accept the black cartridge.

It tells me to open and "check" the Bl cartridge. And it normal mode that is the fun ends, i cant do anything else,

In maintenance mode i have been able to initiate all pumps and motors etc,
But i am right now out of ideas, It might be the chip reader, but i have checked it for abnormalities and found nothing. I do have a spare which i have not tried yet, but something leads me to believe it is something else i am missing.

I appreciate all input and info i can get. But please no geniuses saying sell the machine and buy a new one.

Cheers
D

tbaker

if you have ink in the slot, it's good and not extremely out of date, hit;

Cancel and down arrow, this will force it to accept the ink.
Hit enter through the next couple screens until you get to the Non-HP ink, up arrow to select, then press and hold "shift-ok" for about one second to confirm.

This forces the machine to use the ink, telling it, it's after market ink.

If the ink is extremely out of date, I wouldn't recommend it, you can mess up a head.

pancarta.es

As far as i understand there is no other system error. I can enter maintenence mode and initiate all motors etc. But i just cant get it to accept the black cartridge. Could be it is rejecting all of them but since it starts from left to right i only get the input from black

And i am also new to Seiko machines, if anyone need technical help with mutoh VJ 1604 i will be more then happy to help. I have had every error and every problem possible. I have replaced and rebuilt the entire machine over the last three years,

Cheers
D

org69

I have the same problem with boerdaux ink
I replace the ink bag to an old cartrige or bordeaux cartrige (the one with the 2 screws) and works perfect
(sorry for my English)

dmcprint

Seiko Color Painters will read "Check XX Ink" when it reads an incorrect chip. In other words, this is a chip error. Try yourself another cartridge.

Eracer8

Same Issue With 8000s

I have same issue with 8000s only it is my Lc cartridge that it won't read, I have tried replacing with a new one same issue. I have replaced the main board, ink control board, still no help. Could it be that I have 2 bad ink cartridges???

Pancarta did you ever get this issue resolved??

Last edited:

Eracer8

Cartridges are not out of date

New cartridges, I have had this printer for years....

When I said 2 bad cartridges I meant 2 Light Cyan Cartridges bought from same supplier they have different expiration dates the latest one 4/22/2012

Last edited: