• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not Brand New, But Want to Say Hello to All....

jwindsor

OK, I have been a member for close to a year now, and figured it was time to say HI...

Name is Joe and my wife and I live in Greer, SC (just about midway between Charlotte and Atlanta)

We have been in business since 2007 when we started supplying embroidery to the local area. Today, we not only do embroidery, but we also do Direct-to-Garment printing, Rhinestone Designs and Accessories, Sublimation, Digital Printing, Engraving, Sandcarving, and Personalized Gifts. By trade, I am an electrical engineer, but my wife and I run Magic Needle Custom Embroidery as a side business. (Hopefully to become full time)
In late-2007 I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis, a disease that essentially causes your lungs to harden like cement. There is no cure for this disease, and no one knows why it actually occurs. The only sure thing is that this disease is terminal without a lung transplant. For the next four and one-half years my family, friends, and I fought this disease until in September of 2012 I was the recipient of a double lung transplant at Duke University. Since then, I have been a "poster child" for Lung Transplants. So far, I have shown no signs of rejection or infection. The doctors have been amazed at my progress. My wife and I have become very close to the people at Duke University, and with the patients that have undergone, and are going through the same experiences that we had. With that in mind, and as a chance to give something back, are designing a line of "transplant stuff" for those who face the same experiences that we had. The proceeds from the sale of these items will go to the Lung Transplant Foundation for research into chronic rejection that can occur after a transplant. Also, I would not be alive if someone else had not been selfless enough to be an organ donor. Please, consider becoming a donor so that someone else could continue to live. Since I was essentially bed ridden for over four and one half years, we are currently "rebuilding" our business. I have also done well enough to go back to work part time as an engineer. We have been very blessed through all of this. Last weekend, I was fortunate enough to be able to take my three-year old granddaughter to see Santa. Something I thought that I would never have a chance to do. I have been watching this forum for almost a year and have learned much. Hopefully now, I can help others and give back some of that knowledge. I will be around waiting for an opportunity to help.

Thanks for reading...

Joe Windsor
Magic Needle Custom Embroidery, LLC
Greer, SC

PS. A very Merry Christmas to all...........

GWSigns

Inspiring life in a season of inspiration!

God's blessings to continue to you!

Welcome and Merry Christmas!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from PA....................

This one is very different. I especially want to extend a sincere :thumb: on your recovery and that of being a poster child for such a monumental procedure. I once had someone in my life who was a 'poster child' for others to look up to. In fact, the doctor had said, like the old wooden Indians you'd see at the olden stores, he'd like to put my Mother in front of his door for others to see as they entered his office to give them all hope. That's over 1/2 the battle.

I wish you a very healthy rest of your life and if there's anything I... or our shop can/could do for you, just please contact us.

and a ps.. for you Merry Christmas !!

JBusch260

Thank you for sharing that incredible story! Welcome from Ft Wayne, Indiana! Happy to help with any ideas for anything that may come your way.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

LeLuni

Hi Joe, I'm also in Greer, just off Devenger Road.

That is some inspiring story!

I make custom kid's clocks in my home workshop (i.e. souped up garage), so I can relate to your upstart business.

I hope things go great for you.