Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Cutting completely - Random Cuts Lighters

Discussion in 'Summa' started by Goatshaver, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    I've been cutting through with very little problems in the past few weeks. I just do double contour cuts on each piece and it's been great and they come out pretty easily. However I was just cutting a job and they were just rectangles but one thing that was happening is it will cut the Left, right and top without problems and then the bottom cut it doesn't cut all the way on the second pass. It's not always in the same spot it does this.

I know the general check the cut strip, but if it's cutting the top cut the bottom should cut as well. Could it just be a dulled blade causing it? Just rather odd it seems.

Tags:
  2. Ray Casiano

Ray Casiano Technician/Designer/SignMaker

Jul 7, 2020
    San Antonio
    I've had a similar problem when i worked at a sign shop. It would cut all 3 sides perfect and the last line wouldn't connect at the last end and i would always cut it with my blade until i got a job with ROLAND... in VERSAworks in the file format tab in the settings: EPS margin needs to be set to 0.05 instead of 0.00 lmk if this is your problem or maybe a miss read.

Ray Casiano
    Roland Tech

3. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Thanks. That's not the problem, the file is ok. It might cut 55 of the 65 pieces out fine. They're all the same file just stepped and repeated out.

4. MI Bearcat

MI Bearcat Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Canton, Michigan
    On my Summa, this happens whenever the nosepiece gets crap caught up on it. Make sure it's nice and clean.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Casiano

Ray Casiano Technician/Designer/SignMaker

Jul 7, 2020
    San Antonio
    it could be the blade holder, if cleaning the blade didn't work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    Never mind, had a senior moment and thought it was about Goatshaver's SP-540

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020