• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not drawing ink

timandmikki

Its a refill cartridge. The ink is staying in the line. If I switch the cyan damper with the magenta damper, I am still losing the magenta, so that tells me its not the head, because it will draw the cyan thru where the magenta comes out. the ink lines under the capping station are not blocked either.

I have seen this a number of times and have looked at all of the above mentioned ideas... each having been the culprit at some point in time. On other occasions it turned out to be a faulty o-ring at one of two places:
Remove the main back cover to expose the entire length of your ink lines. There is an o-ring where the line connects to the cartridge station\holder and another between the main line and a short line that comes from the cartridge station/holder.

If you don't see any noticeable bubbles I wouldn't assume that these o-rings aren't leaky. Draw some ink through the damper while watching the line near these two o-rings. If there is a leak you will see bubbles.