• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not enough details in shadows after profile.

iladi

Hi, i profile a backlit material for my epson 9700 with xrite Pulse color elite and wasatch 6.8. I know i should use some special equipment but i thought puting baclit onto white paper is enough. The end rezult is ok for the colors but i have very dark shadows with no detail, almost no gradient.

Individual color limits are in 85 range and total ink in 220 range. Rendering is perceptual.

For the printer i choose to prin 1440x1400 dpi, small dot fixed size.

What i was doing wrong? And what to change?

Thanx,
Adrian

Rooster

Sounds like you're overinking the sheet.

When I set ink limits with my Wasatch I can usually run between 280 and 330% total ink when the individual channels are set correctly.

Also check that your black point compensation is being used and hasn't been turned off.

GF4signs

If at all possible try to create the profile using a spectrophotometer that allows you to read the target in a backlit mode (Barbieri is an Italian product-very efficient at it).
Also try different renderings, such as Colormetric and or with Black Point Compensation.