• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not just signs & lettering . . .

Jeff

I just stumbled onto the photos of a project I helped on a few years ago and thought I would share them here.

Boss 49 a.jpg

Boss 49 b.jpg

I am fortunate to have one of the most talented hot rod builders in the country reside in my hometown, Kerry Hopperstad - Hopperstad Customs.

With a concept drawing of the car to go by, I designed, made patterns and had cnc mock up pieces (pvc) made of this one of a kind trim for the side of this custom 1949 Ford coupe. Then the trim was cnc machined out of solid aluminum.

It was a "fun" project to be part of. This car has a supercharged Boss 302 under the hood. If interested, here is the link to the story about this car. http://www.customrodder.com/features/0605cr_1949_ford_coupe/

Jeff

Nice ******** car. I would be interested to see some of the work leading up to the finished product if you found any of those pictures.

I'm not sure if I could come up with photos of this car's build, but if you're interested go to Hopperstad Customs on Facebook . . . Kerry Hopperstad's talent and abilities are second to none ! ! !

Edit - If you go to "photos" on his FB page there are a few photos of this car along with the concept drawing.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you like 49 Fords it's OK I guess. Too bad the master customizer missed a great opportunity to shorten up that hideously long rear end by a couple of feet. If he'd have done that he might have done something interesting.