• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not much of a wrap but great car, and great guy.

jkdbjj

Custom Audi TT.
The graphic is a design by the owner and older gentleman who use to be an industrial designer. It represents the first letter of his first and last name J&B

Anyway, it is 1080 Series 3M Carbon Fiber.

I am also a huge Audi enthusiast.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

qmr55

Ugh why dirty up a nice car like that with an ugly logo on the door and those god awful ugly rims.

jkdbjj

Ugh why dirty up a nice car like that with an ugly logo on the door and those god awful ugly rims.
Hah! To each his own. The guy is retired and successful. Drive this once a week, and is on his way to Audi racing school in Georgia tomorrow. You think he gives a pickle about your opinion.
It's a race car man, now personalized with his artwork. Floats his boat :D

tsgstl

I think it should of been flat black or something completely different from carbon fiber. It's a weave type material, full coverage or nothing. I just feel like the pattern running off a rounded edge is hokey. Like how contoured window perf never works.
Just my opinion, don't take offence.

2B

Did he let you take it for a "test drive" to make sure the decal stayed on?

jkdbjj

I think it should of been flat black or something completely different from carbon fiber. It's a weave type material, full coverage or nothing. I just feel like the pattern running off a rounded edge is hokey. Like how contoured window perf never works.
Just my opinion, don't take offence.
I do agree actually. Thing is his inner rims, and his spoiler are all carbon fiber, so he was hell bent on carbon fiber.

I did however, think it was kind of hokey to do a shape like that. overall it was still successful since it was subtle enough, IMO.

jkdbjj

Actually he insisted I test drive after he saw the Audi TT model on my office desk. I got to learn a lot about him and his car. Real interesting guy. He has that particular car modified to the max. It is very powerful, and has racing everything on it from breaks to suspension, etc...

I still refused to drive the car though.

Msrae

Rae

Actually he insisted I test drive after he saw the Audi TT model on my office desk. I got to learn a lot about him and his car. Real interesting guy. He has that particular car modified to the max. It is very powerful, and has racing everything on it from breaks to suspension, etc...

I still refused to drive the car though.

You refused to drive the car??? Why!!! I would have been dying to take it for a drive. I love the audi's. I dream of owing an R8. *sigh*

I like it, it's subtle. I agree, I probably would have done a flat black or even gloss, and not the carbon, but I also understand the carbon, I have a lot of people who insist on it.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Looks good - you could've put a flat black down first, contoured, to make a 1/4" stroke around the hole thing - would have eased into the transition better I think.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I like it on all accounts. The initials work well for me, as well as his choice of material. I used to drive a '75 Audi 100LS in high school. I miss that car.

JB

Attachments

• 1972_Audi_100_LS.jpg
    1972_Audi_100_LS.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 110