• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not My best Christmas

Mainframe

As with life in general, you never know when a punch in the gut is coming, I lost my Dad 2 days ago on the 23rd after a 6 month battle with cancer. Here is a pic of (from left to right) My Dad Bill Sr., My brother Tom, Me Bill Jr holding my Son Andy in 2006, He didn't suffer much with pain, just slowly ran out of steam and died in his sleep, he was alert and had all six of his kids home with him on last day, Enjoy all who are with you this Christmas, you never know when they will go. Bill

Attachments

• The guys.jpg
    The guys.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 62

geb

My heart is with you Bill, it looks like your dad had many wonderful years and enjoyed them with his beautiful family, I'll be thinking of you.

George

wedosigns

Your father not suffering with the pain may have been the biggest Christmas gift of all! Our sincere sympathy go out to you and your family.

signage

My condolences to you Bill and your family, this is a hard time of the year to loose a loved one.

Bigdawg

Just Me
My heart goes out to you Bill. My husband just lost his mother so unexpectedly.. I know what you mean about that gut punch.

Just know that he's not in pain any more. And hold on to those that you love. Family is everything.

Deaton Design

My sympathies to you and your family Bill. Losing a father or mother is a very hard thing to go through, and especially at this time of year. God bless you and your family.

skdave

May God bless your family, Bill. It is always harder this time of year. Our best to you and your family.

Mainframe

Thanks folks for your condolences, my Dad's nickname was Rocky, I found out why they called him that, he fought cancer like a tiger, he didn't win but never complained, and as a side blessing, he died full of cancer and only used Tylenol for pain, the doctors could not believe he didn't need heavier pain medication, his heart was bad so he slowly ran out of energy.

The last day of his life he was alert and understood everything we were talking about.

Thanks again folks, I just want to remind you to put up with the old folks this holiday season, you just never know.

Suz

Bill,

Sounds like you and your Dad and the rest of the family were close and are close. Good for you that you knew how precious the time is with the ones you love. Hang in there. I know how this feels too, especially hard in December. Thinking of you.

zmatalucci

Sorry for your loss. I had a real good friend pass on the same day, and hopefully they meet up and watch over us. God Bless!

GypsyGraphics

Bill i'm so sorry for your loss... and praying that the joyous memories soon outweigh the sadness you and your family are feeling.

love and prayers, gg

midnite

Sorry to hear this Bill, Our condolences..... I have been in your shoes, it's never easy... We are thinking of you.

Dave Drane

Sorry Bill. Condoemces go to you and loved ones. life sucks when this happens just before Christmas.. I am sure Rocky will be keeping a close watch on you all.