• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

not original ink

biedy67

turned my machine on today and all i get is not orig ink code pulled them out put them back and still says it any hel[p?

FatCat

Is this a ValueJet? Are you using OEM inks? Is it saying this for all colors or only a few?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
I had the same thing happen with a Mutoh cartridge a couple of weeks ago. Called Fellers tech support and they basically they told me I had to call Mutoh. After calling my Fellers rep, I did have to buy a new cartridge that day to run prints, but I received a free replacement the next day.

FatCat

using 3rd party with smart cards says this for all colors

Typically this is caused by having a very recent version of firmware. With each update Mutoh makes it more and more difficult for 3rd party ink manufacturers to make compatible cards. I run 3rd party ink in both my 1204 and 1604 and both are set to really old firmware and I have no intention to upgrade. If you are getting cards from the ink supplier I would contact them first, tell them what version of firmware is installed on your machine and ask them if they can get you compatible cards.

*The other possible scenario is that you are using bulk ink cartridges with the card slots on the back? If so, there is a chance that the ribbons that run up front to the contact in the printer isn't aligned properly. I had this exact scenario happen to me 2 months ago when I got a bulk ink system from NITE for my 1604.

inkmed

If you did not update the firmware, the problem is probably caused by smart card.
You can call your supplier to change new smart card.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

inkmed

bought some orignal ink catiages and installed and it still says it

It is surprising, if part of color have problem, it may caused by card reader. All color have this problem, you may need test the mainboard.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

richrios-STX

When I get that problem, it usually has to do with the sensors not making contact correctly. The cards can be brand new, but over time, the refill cartridge slowly warps not allowing a proper reading. You're lucky if the cartridge lasts you up to a year before replacing. In my experience, that was my problem.