• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not printing crisp reds anymore...

Turbophein

the color is fine, its just the edges are not crisp and clean, more blurry than anything, it is lightly dusting the edges making it fuzzy. literally just had the encoder strip and sensor replaced. all adjustments have been made. i'm just thinking its my print head. it has 6 billion shots fired on it, but it does get used 6 days a week, so its not a problem from not being used.

any other ideas or thoughts??

thanks again signs101!

kanini

Is the test print OK? Is the head height set to low? What machine is it? Does it do it on all media? Do you have a pic of the problem?

Turbophein

Is the test print OK? Is the head height set to low? What machine is it? Does it do it on all media? Do you have a pic of the problem?

SP300v

test print is fine with the exception of 1 line, it is off slightly.

i use the same media always

here is a pic.

Attachments

• print test.jpg
    print test.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 49

Turbophein

ok so afters hours of trying different things this is where i am at. the test print has 1 row slightly off. i added pics.

i cleaned the Head and cap. i removed and reinstalled the head cables, i did every test and calibration available, not sure how to adjust the way the head is printing right now.

i already ordered a new head, won't ship till monday and i will get it tuesday. rather not be down that long if there is a solution. Help would be great!

Attachments

• samp a.jpg
    samp a.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 72
  • samp b.jpg
    samp b.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 83
  • samp c.jpg
    samp c.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 70

kanini

The test print looks quite ok, you did say you had the encoder strip replaced and after that the red got fuzzy or? The only thing I can come up with is to clean the encoder strip and sensor and do all the calibrations, but maybe someone has another clue? Good luck!

MikePro

if your printhead has quite a few miles on it, then it is most definitely starting to fail. you can dance around trying to solve "static" or "deflecting nozzles" but, ultimately, these heads don't last forever. the overspray will be worse and worse., there's nothing you can do to fix it... except replace it.

if anything, try a flush and fillup with fresh ink, fully clean the printer, and check alignments prior to spending the $$$ on new parts.