Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Printing what I see on screen

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by Subysti, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Subysti

Subysti Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I know this is something to do with converting to rgb or cmyk but I'd like to fix it. I export a file from coreldraw to pdf and then import in to flexi 19 for printing. When exporting to cmyk colors it looks fine on the screen but the printer then seems to print it with different colors, mostly blacks are off. I can see edges and gradients on the print but not on the screen.

Tags:
  2. Sindex Printing

Sindex Printing Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Sparks
    Have you tried different pdf presets?

3. Subysti

Subysti Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    I think I went through most all of them, tried rgb output, cmyk with different profiles etc etc. Latest issue is when I change the icc profile to quality 1 it printed very nice but also very dark and I lose a lot of fine detail.

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Any pictures ?? On screen and final results ??

• Like Like x 1
  5. jcskikus

jcskikus Owner, Designer & Installer

Jun 28, 2010
    Toms River, NJ
    I'm gonna tell you to open that PDF in Illustrator (if able). Change all the black values to RGB (0, 0, 0) then save. With most eco-solvent printers, if you want a more accurate and vibrant color, print in RGB and not CYMK. I mix the two when opening the file in Flexi and anything full yellow if CYMK 100% Y only, black is RGB 0,0,0. Cardinal Red is CYMK (0, 98, 100, 7) and if you want Tomato Red (0, 100, 100, 0). You can use both CYMK and RGB at the same time when printing from within Flexi and PM. I usually use the 3M ICC profiles as they've been the most accurate on white vinyl and the UltraFlexx Banner (720x720) for banners and coroplast when using my hybrid printer.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Are you viewing your files with soft proof on in Flexi?

7. night eagle

night eagle Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Crowley tx
    this could be a flexi 19 bug...

8. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    Using Corel Draw and Flexi...best of luck...might as well try to color match a power point file

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    What's wrong with CorelDraw? We get perfect color from coreldraw.

10. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    ^^
    Corel color control works great if you know how to correctly use it. Just like any color profiling you need o know and understand them.

11. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I've been using CorelDraw for years and have no issues with colour control, as they say, "it's a bad carpenter who blames his tools."

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  12. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Loose nut on the keyboard is how we say it here lol.

• Like Like x 1
  13. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    You can make a macro to convert all C0 M0 Y0 K100 blacks to R0 G0 B0
    And also use the eyedropper to add that to your color palette for future use.
    And set your default text and shape outline to use that color
    If we're printing an all raster image we'll export as an rgb tiff for print. Otherwise pdf.

14. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    What comes out of the printer is the truth, not what appears on your monitor. I've been using Corel since before the most of your were born and exporting for Flexi for almost as long. In Corel make sure all bitmaps are RGB and export bitmaps as a zero compression JPG. Export all else as CMX legacy. This is as close to what you see is what you get as you're likely to achieve.

15. Subysti

Subysti Member

May 16, 2019
    Massachusetts
    Thanks for all the advise everyone sorry for not checking back sooner but I didn't get the emails saying I had replies. I would have posted some pics but it seems I can't unless I upload to a 3rd party site? I guess another question about this is what controls the printer better. Should I set the printer up manually or just do it all through the profile? Does the profile take charge over what is set in the printer?