• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not Printing what I see on screen

Subysti

I know this is something to do with converting to rgb or cmyk but I'd like to fix it. I export a file from coreldraw to pdf and then import in to flexi 19 for printing. When exporting to cmyk colors it looks fine on the screen but the printer then seems to print it with different colors, mostly blacks are off. I can see edges and gradients on the print but not on the screen.

Subysti

I think I went through most all of them, tried rgb output, cmyk with different profiles etc etc. Latest issue is when I change the icc profile to quality 1 it printed very nice but also very dark and I lose a lot of fine detail.

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
I'm gonna tell you to open that PDF in Illustrator (if able). Change all the black values to RGB (0, 0, 0) then save. With most eco-solvent printers, if you want a more accurate and vibrant color, print in RGB and not CYMK. I mix the two when opening the file in Flexi and anything full yellow if CYMK 100% Y only, black is RGB 0,0,0. Cardinal Red is CYMK (0, 98, 100, 7) and if you want Tomato Red (0, 100, 100, 0). You can use both CYMK and RGB at the same time when printing from within Flexi and PM. I usually use the 3M ICC profiles as they've been the most accurate on white vinyl and the UltraFlexx Banner (720x720) for banners and coroplast when using my hybrid printer.

Good luck!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I'm gonna tell you to open that PDF in Illustrator (if able). Change all the black values to RGB (0, 0, 0)...

You can make a macro to convert all C0 M0 Y0 K100 blacks to R0 G0 B0
And also use the eyedropper to add that to your color palette for future use.
And set your default text and shape outline to use that color
If we're printing an all raster image we'll export as an rgb tiff for print. Otherwise pdf.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What comes out of the printer is the truth, not what appears on your monitor. I've been using Corel since before the most of your were born and exporting for Flexi for almost as long. In Corel make sure all bitmaps are RGB and export bitmaps as a zero compression JPG. Export all else as CMX legacy. This is as close to what you see is what you get as you're likely to achieve.

Subysti

Thanks for all the advise everyone sorry for not checking back sooner but I didn't get the emails saying I had replies. I would have posted some pics but it seems I can't unless I upload to a 3rd party site? I guess another question about this is what controls the printer better. Should I set the printer up manually or just do it all through the profile? Does the profile take charge over what is set in the printer?