• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Not printing...

dw76

When sending a job to Gerber Edge FX (connected via network address), the job goes to the queue and then sits there with a status of waiting. It was working this morning and just stopped. Win7 pc and I am able to successfully ping the IP address of the unit. Any ideas? Have tried rebooting pc and Gerber to no avail. At a loss of what to check... Thank you

dw76

Yes the internal test print worked. Moved on to the network test and an error says:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. (10060) File gq_e3sock.cpp Line 175. Does that tell you anything?

Joe House

Not really. Is it connected directly to the Edge or through a network? Try connecting directly. Try a new, factory made cable. Try putting the IP address of the Edge into a browser and see if you can get the web interface of the Edge to come up.

dw76

additional info: When I said ok to the previous message, it continues with:
Communications error on: Cannot open x.x.x.x for spooling SHELF STATIC 2016 |

dw76

Joe--feeling pretty dumb right now! At the start I had checked connectivity via ping and it was fine. Throughout troubleshooting, at one point I had the user go into diags to check something and during that time the IP subnet was changed. After a cold reboot, it would have probably been fine except that the subnet was wrong. Just discovered this, corrected it and everything is fine! Thanks so much for your offer to help.