• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not printing

bovegas

I just bought used VJ1617H. Seller did test print before i loaded printer on my truck. After 3 hrs ride on freezing weather i unloaded printer to my garage. Garage is not heated and it was about 28 farenheit temperature inside. I have turned on printer and it started but when i tried test print nothing came out. Does this printer has some kind of thermistor for printhead? Only other issue i can think of might be that printer was in warm room, and than was on my truck on cold weather. Maybe there was some condensation, and when i tried test orint it blew head fuse. Do you guys have any suggestions. Its similar printer to vj1624

Rusty B

I had a similar issue a few years back. Testrd a printer and it worked fine. Drove it home and it turbed on but wouldnt print. It was a head fuse. Few dollar fix and easy to do. Im thinking a lot of jarring around on tbe road could have done it. Another lesson i learned the hard way is mine wouldnt print with the cover open.

bovegas

I had a similar issue a few years back. Testrd a printer and it worked fine. Drove it home and it turbed on but wouldnt print. It was a head fuse. Few dollar fix and easy to do. Im thinking a lot of jarring around on tbe road could have done it. Another lesson i learned the hard way is mine wouldnt print with the cover open.
Thanks for reply. Head fuse make sense

bovegas

Thanks for reply. Head fuse make sense
I have tested 3 fuses i could find and all of them are ok. Is is posiblle that maybe printhead doesnt print below certain tempetature? Its around freezing temperature in Chicago, and printer is still in my not heated garage

ToneCustomSigns

We have a 1624. I'm not sure how the cold effects the printer cause we're in Texas. I've moved it, but never in the cold. When you move these, you are supposed to lock the print head on the other side of the printer. Was that done and are you getting any error codes? Have you download the users manuel to troublshoot it? If there are no error codes and it's just not printing then there are a few variables you need to look at like maitenance station or the dampers. Try this link. I hope it helps.

Saturn

Aging Member
Have you operated other printers at or below freezing? If not, that certainly seems like the common sense answer... Most everything is designed to run at 65-75°F. I wouldn't even attempt to turn it on until it had warmed up to room temperature for a day or two if I knew it had frozen.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah I'd get up to room temp but if it still doesn't print, make sure your're checking the tiny ceramic fuses on the main and CR board. They are about the size of a few grains of rice and are white with silver or bronze caps on each end. They aren't the glass tube ones most people are familiar with.

bovegas

We have a 1624. I'm not sure how the cold effects the printer cause we're in Texas. I've moved it, but never in the cold. When you move these, you are supposed to lock the print head on the other side of the printer. Was that done and are you getting any error codes? Have you download the users manuel to troublshoot it? If there are no error codes and it's just not printing then there are a few variables you need to look at like maitenance station or the dampers. Try this link. I hope it helps.
There is no error messages. It shows ready to print on screen. Everything is fine except there is no test print. Nothing. I have checked 3 fuses on main board and they are all good.

bovegas

Yeah I'd get up to room temp but if it still doesn't print, make sure your're checking the tiny ceramic fuses on the main and CR board. They are about the size of a few grains of rice and are white with silver or bronze caps on each end. They aren't the glass tube ones most people are familiar with.
I have checked 3 fuses on main board. I am not sure if there is more. They are not soldered to the board, so I can replace them easy. But I have checked them and they are good. I guess I need to warm up garage and than try

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have checked 3 fuses on main board. I am not sure if there is more. They are not soldered to the board, so I can replace them easy. But I have checked them and they are good. I guess I need to warm up garage and than try

Check the CR board. I can't remember if there is one on there for your machine but most of the DX7 based printers do. The CR board is the board the head cables and trailing cables plug into.

Also, take a good look at the ink lines throughout the machine. Make sure there aren't any large air pockets. If there are, you probably just got a bunch of air in the system and it needs to be re-filled.

bovegas

Check the CR board. I can't remember if there is one on there for your machine but most of the DX7 based printers do. The CR board is the board the head cables and trailing cables plug into.

Also, take a good look at the ink lines throughout the machine. Make sure there aren't any large air pockets. If there are, you probably just got a bunch of air in the system and it needs to be re-filled.
Thank you buddy. Do you have by any chance previous version of Mutoh Service Assistant. New one doesnt let me log in .

bovegas

I have checked CR board and you are right, there is another fuse there. I have checked fuse and its good. Also ink lines looks good too. I am thinking it must be some kind of thermistor that prevents head from running when cold. Ill try to warm up garage and see if it will work