• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Not quite sure how I feel about this....................... ??

The local post office told us that about all USPS offices are understaffed and overworked. We have went up to two weeks without a mail delivery. Then we would complain and someone would dig our mail out of a big pile of undelivered mail and make us come get it. The last time this happened they told us that they were too understaffed to keep digging peoples undelivered mail out of the pile and now we may get real mail such as checks we have been waiting on maybe once a week. The new postmaster also got rid of a bunch of sorting equipment when he started but didn't bother to come up with a plan to replace it. He also stated recently that non package mail delivery is going to go up in price and take longer to get there. He needs to go...

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Would you rather they walk around texting and unemployed?
Not a big fan of folks on the phone while working, but for some folks it's akin to listening to music. At least he can see what he's doing since he has a handsfree, and he got up and went to earn them benjamins this morning...
For optimal delivery, a PO box is hard to beat, but we are fortunate to be a 3 minute drive from ours.
Music doesn't take your focus away from work like talking on the phone does.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Every carrier sorts their own mail for their route.
Just let the carrier know or write in Big Red letters delivered to wrong address and put back into mail box, they will pay more attention after that.

netsol

Informed delivery is only available for residential customers in my a
informed delivery is only available for residential customers EVERYWHERE.
however, they only know it is for a business if you have made a business login. i can't get it because i have done exactly that

they only have one "channel" per address, so if you share an address with others, including a business, if they allow you to have the service, you will see all mail being delivered for that address.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
informed delivery is only available for residential customers EVERYWHERE.
however, they only know it is for a business if you have made a business login. i can't get it because i have done exactly that

they only have one "channel" per address, so if you share an address with others, including a business, if they allow you to have the service, you will see all mail being delivered for that address.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think we should expect services all around to get worse as a trickle down effect. For example, all the post office buildings are owned by private individuals and leased to the federal government. My dad owns one in Alabama. With the vaccine mandate, he's now got some problems because the caretaker is vaccinated but the small businesses that are contracted out for landscaping, maintenance, etc. They are not requiring their workers to be vaccinated. Now the caretaker has to play vaccine police officer and is on the hunt for a new landscaper due to the one they have had for 20 years and their refusal to comply. Both my sons worked for my landscaper friend...they would rather drop a job like this than bother with weekly testing or vaccine mandates. If you see an old man who looks like Mike Ditka cutting grass at an Alabama PO, it's my dad LOL