• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not really hardware? More like a tool.

SignManiac

The day has finally come to add a tool I never imagined I would need. With the addition of a flatbed printer came the need for a forklift. Deliveries now are coming on pallets with hundreds and thousands of pounds of materials.

My back is too old to manually lift this crap from truck to shop. Oh and it's a fun tool to use. If I had one more we could have races in the shop!

Attachments

• CIMG0243.JPG
    CIMG0243.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 206

Bogie

Just wait until you take the thing onto two wheels... You'll calm down after that one... Lean BACK!

Prreetttttyyy!

Bob,

Once you get accustomed to having the truck around you will start to wonder why you did not get it sooner. It is money well invested, and the "back-saver" that you mentioned. Is that thing new, or is it one hell of a refurb?

SignManiac

Pro....Its one hell of a refurbish. 2001 model 5,000lb. lift with triple mast and that side to side thing for $10k. Overkill really but I don't see how I can lose money on it.

I just ordered a really nice shaper too so I can make my own specialty moldings. Shipping weight is 300 lbs and lifting off the truck will be piece o cake!
Today I'm building heavy duty racks to store the crap that I can now lift skyward. Floor space is valuable real estate!

Overkill my ass! Even changing light bulbs will not be the same chore. The only thing I would have differently is purchased the pneumatic tires, but at $10k - you did good!

No more ladders..
No more scaffolds....

SignManiac

Wrap it LOL now that would be a fun project!

Pro.... is it possible to put pneumatic tires on this model after the fact?

N2Harpz

hope we need a forklift someday!

LOL .... we just bought a new drill three weeks ago and were dancing around the shop all that day.

A regular printer is still a dream away much less a flat-bed. Can't wait to get a forklift......hehe

Congrats

is it possible to put pneumatic tires on this model after the fact?

Sometimes. The best people to answer that will be Yale. It is all about having enough clearance, but you machine appears to have lots - meaning it may have been meant tio swing both ways.

SignManiac

Pro don't kid yourself. Karyn has toys that most guys here only dream about. Wait, that didnt sound right and thats not what I meant. Karyn would most definitely appreciate a forklift as much as any guy could :)

Oh and yes that video was funny as all you know what.