• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sign related, but... Issue with external card reader.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Hey, guys.

I'm not really sure this is the right place for this post, and if not, Fred, please move it.

I just purchased a 16 gb card to use in my Nook, and when I plug it into my card reader, and when open "My Computer", instead of being one drive, it shows up as (4) drives E-H.

I have a program that I am trying to write to the card that will transform my nook into an android, and when I try to write to it, it says there is not enough room on the drive.

I am currently using a laptop with XP.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Kottwitz-Graphics

No. I paid for the download, and bought a class 4 card.

I emailed them, and they told me that it was the card reader. I just don't want to have to buy a new reader.

round man

if windows sees 4 partitions(separate drives) more than likely there are 4 actual partitions on the drive,...I would contact the manufacturer's support and inquire if it is possible to repartition the card without hurting it so the nook still can use it,...

choucove

Windows XP will respond to a card reader differently than a new OS. Basically what is happening is Windows is recognizing that you are plugging in your card reader, which is a device capable of reading multiple different card types. In this case, I'm imagining there are four card slots or types that can be read, hence why you now have "Removable Disk E:" and "Removable Disk F:" etc showing up. What's being read is the card reader and not the card. When you put in the memory card to one of the slots of your card reader, it should detect it in Windows and show one of those Removable Disk drives with an actual capacity available, and you should be able to open and view the files (if the card is partitioned to be readable in Windows) by double-clicking on the correct Removable Disk drive letter.

Kottwitz-Graphics

what choucove said makes perfect sense,.....

Yep, it does. I just got back into the office to work on this thing, and that is exactly what it did. I never said I was the brightest bulb in the box...

Thanks Choucove. You were dead on.

And to top it off, when I was reading the N2C site, I noticed that if you click on 32 gb download, you need a 32 gb disk, or larger. I bought a 16 gb disk, and wasn't paying that much attention when I clicked the purchase link, and bought a 32 gb download.:banghead:

choucove

Yep, it does. I just got back into the office to work on this thing, and that is exactly what it did. I never said I was the brightest bulb in the box...

Thanks Choucove. You were dead on.

And to top it off, when I was reading the N2C site, I noticed that if you click on 32 gb download, you need a 32 gb disk, or larger. I bought a 16 gb disk, and wasn't paying that much attention when I clicked the purchase link, and bought a 32 gb download.:banghead:

I'm a little confused here. Do you mean there was an option between 32-bit and 64-bit? That makes more sense for a software version to select for download. In which case yes, for Windows XP you most likely need the 32-bit version. But, I could be very wrong as well, just thought I might mention this.

WildWestDesigns

Windows XP will respond to a card reader differently than a new OS. Basically what is happening is Windows is recognizing that you are plugging in your card reader, which is a device capable of reading multiple different card types. In this case, I'm imagining there are four card slots or types that can be read, hence why you now have "Removable Disk E:" and "Removable Disk F:" etc showing up. What's being read is the card reader and not the card.

This still happens on the newer OSs as well. I use a 12 in 1 card reader as my embroidery machines use CF and SD cards instead of floppies to transfer files and Win 7 reads the 12 in 1 exactly as described above.