• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not so new kid on the block!

BitsandQuills

New to Signs101.....but past 60 and that's not bad!!
My connection with signs started in my freshman year of high school....my uncle was a sign painter and noticed I had used rub on lettering for my Christmas cards one year. The font was Old English....he let me know there was a way to make those letters with a pen! He bought my first Speedball nib, gave me a hands on lesson and I was smitten. After 2 years of Advertising Design in college, I moved to his home town to learn the sign business. I spent five years with him and then moved to California. Profoundly lost any and all confidence I had in my abilities as a sign painter and walked another path for a number of years. In 1989 I took a series of courses in the Decorative Arts field and incorporated my lettering skills back into my work.
While I am currently a part time employee at a paint store, I use my knowledge of color and design to help channel my creative flow. Only recently, through new contacts, have I enjoyed a rebirth of excitement about my work and I am looking forward to expanding the opportunities that are present.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas! Don't paint much anymore, but spent many hours with a quill in hand.