Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure it a Flexi issue but...

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by gabagoo, Mar 2, 2020.

1. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    Not a big deal but I am printing a 12 x 12 graphic 12 times. The graphic is mostly just cut vinyl but there are 2 places where there is actually colour.. I run a Mimaki JV150. I thought something was wrong as I did not see anything happening for about 5 minutes, but it is almost like the printer is moving very slowly where it does not print ( about 8") and it seems to be moving at about the speed it would print the graphic. My old jv3 never did that..... Is this a Flexi issue or a Mimaki issue and is there a way to tell the printer to proceed fast where there is no print?

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Printers generally run the same speed where there is no image. Would only speed up any if there was a big gap between prints.

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Might be running at a steady speed so the material has enough time to pre-heat before the ink starts dropping.
    Just a guess......

4. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    Yeah I think it's just how the situation works. The machine just runs at a consistent print speed even though there may only be one small part that actually needs printed. I know that is how my Roland/Flexi combo works. On the off chance I just use the Roland for cutting with no prints it cuts like a normal cutter. Only slow if there is a print somewhere in the file.

5. 2ny

2ny Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Norway
    I have experienced this with prints that contains white color between other colored elements in my print. We use Flexi and Versaworks together with Roland SG-540, and if I am able to remove the areas with white color the printer speeds up a little in these areas. Maybe this could happen if there are masks in the print also, but I am not sure.

Best regards
    Tony