• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not sure it a Flexi issue but...

gabagoo

Not a big deal but I am printing a 12 x 12 graphic 12 times. The graphic is mostly just cut vinyl but there are 2 places where there is actually colour.. I run a Mimaki JV150. I thought something was wrong as I did not see anything happening for about 5 minutes, but it is almost like the printer is moving very slowly where it does not print ( about 8") and it seems to be moving at about the speed it would print the graphic. My old jv3 never did that..... Is this a Flexi issue or a Mimaki issue and is there a way to tell the printer to proceed fast where there is no print?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Printers generally run the same speed where there is no image. Would only speed up any if there was a big gap between prints.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Might be running at a steady speed so the material has enough time to pre-heat before the ink starts dropping.
Just a guess......

IsItFasst

Yeah I think it's just how the situation works. The machine just runs at a consistent print speed even though there may only be one small part that actually needs printed. I know that is how my Roland/Flexi combo works. On the off chance I just use the Roland for cutting with no prints it cuts like a normal cutter. Only slow if there is a print somewhere in the file.

2ny

I have experienced this with prints that contains white color between other colored elements in my print. We use Flexi and Versaworks together with Roland SG-540, and if I am able to remove the areas with white color the printer speeds up a little in these areas. Maybe this could happen if there are masks in the print also, but I am not sure.

Best regards
Tony