• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Product Not sure what it was......................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Friday night, I was almost home around 7:15, getting onto the by-pass just as I was getting off was about a 26' box truck and the two sides and whole rear were all lit up, like an electric sign. It was not reflective, but lights. I couldn't tell at those speeds if it was LED or some sorta slim trim lighting, but the thing was bright as all get out.

First, I don't know how that would be legal and next, no clue as to how you'd get in the back door.

Anyone else ever see something like this ?? My area is not at all hip, so it can't be a "first" of its kind. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to snap a picture, either.

By the way, it wasn't blinding by any means, but it certainly was VERY distracting for nighttime driving.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
My area is not at all hip...

Perhaps from this area...?

JB

51vH9hdA8SL.jpg

fresh

i saw a box truck last week that was internally illuminated on 3 sides. I assumed they were LED message boards, but now that I think about it, it didn't look that that at all. It looked like it was a box truck that had lightboxes installed for the sides. IDK. if i see it again I'll pay more attention.

FWIW, it was parked on the southbound side of a highway advertising something, and then a few hours later it was parked in a different lot on the northbound side a few miles up.

Sign Impressions

My guess is a digital road map vehicle. I've seen one in town, that had lights on the back, can't recall if it was lit up on the sides as well. And these lights were directed more at the ground, but had spill off in all directions. It looked odd and out of place, like nothing I've ever seen before.

Asked around, and was told it was taking pictures of the roads, then they give it to the city, then they can analyze it for pot holes, repairs and such..