• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Not Surprised

WildWestDesigns

This is something that I got from one of my embroidery trade publications through, ironically, their social newsfeed via Facebook. This reminds me of one of the episodes from Kitchen Nightmares that had one of the waiters looking at Facebook while on shift.

Social Media Costs Employers Time, Money - 8/17/2011

While social media platforms can help businesses, they’re also cutting into employee productivity and hurting companies financially, a new report indicates. WebTitan, an Internet filtering company that manages Web usage and network security for clients, used a so-called social media calculator to determine that the average firm of 52 employees pays out $65,000 per year for social media activity that has nothing to do with work.

The trend will likely continue because social media use is expanding rapidly. Channel Insider (www.channelinsider.com) reports that Twitter has grown from 27 million tweets per day in 2010 to 95 million this year. Facebook now has more than 640 million users, half of which log in daily.

Experts say it’s crucial that businesses develop strategies for limiting the impact of productivity lost to social media. “With companies now using social media to market to customers, it is important that social media access is flexibly managed as roles require it, and that the Web filtering tool employed to do this is dynamic enough to keep pace with changes within the organization," said Ronan Kavanagh, CEO of SpamTitan Technologies, told Channel Insider. "In the past, companies just had to consider personal use of telephone and subsequently email; now they have a minefield of Internet-related access points to consider.”

Pat Whatley

We lost a damn fine employee over his myspace account several years ago. We went as far as to block access to it, he worked a way around it. The timer we installed on it showed as much as three hours a day on myspace. Just scrolling through the history on his computer there were days with over 300 individual clicks through myspace.

Another employee easily wasted an hour a day with text messages. Sure, he wasted it all in 20 second intervals but every time I turned around he was either reading something on his phone or sending a text from it. He's now driving a lawn care tractor for the city and doing the same thing all day long.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just imagine if they did the same study with Signs 101...... :)

pops_blinking.gif
Hush your mouth.